May 02, 2024, 07:33:40 PM

Author Topic: Batteries  (Read 5017 times)

Offline RyanW

Re: Batteries
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 02:14:47 PM »
Yes, it was crazy. I designed speakers for Kicker from 2003-2009. I did some sound quality competitions before that (not rattle your head, just high end sq) and it was crazy how you would run a giant 650 watt amp to power a 150 watt midrange because you only ran it at 8 ohms to have maximum damping and headroom. Inversely,  a small "200 watt" high end sub amp with a robust power supply was all you needed for the low end. It is all about clean power and plenty of head room!

Now I am working on some home audio magic, but it can get out of hand quick!!!
-Ryan

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 03:30:47 PM »
Oh yeah I know.  Over the summer I thought about updating the Bose system in my C6. But then the price kept going higher and higher.  I decided to primarily listen to th engine and use the money for the E5.  I think I made the right choice lol.
I came close to getting Kicker in the door speakers though.  But the problem is that updating those speakers would then make the bass disappear so I would have to get a sub also.  Just started getting to high.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline RyanW

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 01:10:37 PM »
I would say money would probably be better spend on exhaust for the C6 and let it make music with your right foot! 

Having said that, I heard one a while back with a complete Focal sound system and it was really nice! Really expensive, but really nice.
-Ryan

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 01:48:56 PM »
PLEASE DON'T MENTION THE FOCAL SERIES!!! I found one on sale and almost jumped on it this past summer.  I instead did more exhaust stuff. Already had magnaflow on there but changed to an x pipe and got a bigger CAI (carbon fiber hurricane).
Going to heck batteries at the local hobby store, see if they have any deals. I only get to go there once a year when I am here in Huntsville.

www.inner3.com

Offline RyanW

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 12:08:42 PM »
Focal- that is why I don't have more helicopters! I am just wrapping up my full Focal install in the SUV/Heli hauler. They are my favorite mids/highs, but I added their amps to this set up. So far so good.

Where are you located Inner3?
-Ryan

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 12:45:26 PM »
I'm in Montgomery, AL.  I come to Atlanta a couple of times a month which was another appealing thing about Synergy, the headquarters are near by. 
I don't plan on buying anymore helis for quite some time. Most of 2012 I bought an average of a Heli each month, then sold most of them to buy the E5.  Helped with Heli know how but won't do that again.  So maybe some money will go towards a set of new speakers.  I have the z140 and love it.

www.inner3.com