April 26, 2024, 05:47:14 AM

Author Topic: Pitch slider assembly nightmare :(  (Read 1214 times)

Offline AliHumphrey

Pitch slider assembly nightmare :(
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:18:44 AM »
Hi everyone. Just started  my N5C build and decided to start on the tail box assembly first as I am waiting for other bits to arrive. This is my first build and wanted to follow the manual exactly and do everything as best as I can. On p21 of the manual it says to red loctite the brass bush to the pitch plate and in the tips and tricks section Matt also says to red loctite the bearing ring to it. So off I went to dismantle the pitch slider assembly, after some time I managed to get the the locking ring off but have badly damaged the brass bush and pitch plate - bit gutted. So I have had to order some new bits, like the brass bush and pitch plate. Also one of the radial bearings feels a bit notchy.

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Pitch slider assembly nightmare :(
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 04:27:25 AM »
Sorry or hear of your troubles. On that page of the manual it does note you can use red Loctite as extra security however the majority of us have found that the lock ring itself is enough and it is not necessary to pull it apart and add Loctite to it.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline AliHumphrey

Re: Pitch slider assembly nightmare :(
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 04:47:59 AM »
Thank you for your response. Well at least my pitch slider assembly will be extra secure now.