March 28, 2024, 03:49:36 PM

Author Topic: What is the N5C approximate flying weight with and without fuel?  (Read 2773 times)

Offline belcom

What is the N5C approximate flying weight with and without fuel?
« on: November 03, 2011, 01:59:12 PM »
Just curious of the weight.  I didn't see it mentioned in the specs.  Thinking of buying the N5C and moving electronics, power plant etc... from a Compass 3D+.  Although I love compass electrics my nitro experience wasn't so great so far reliability wise.  It is a great flying machine but I need something that will be problem free for the most part, look and fly great and be easy to work on.  Looking at the quality of the N5C kit I think it is a perfect match. Second close would the Fury 55 but I just don't like how it looks.

My current setup is OS 55 with Powerboost pipe, JR 8717 cyclic, MKS DS760 tail (with gryphon regulator), Spektrum 6010 throttle servo, Switch GloPro + GLOve, AR7100R, BeastX v3.08, 2500mah flight packs, 96mm KBDD extreme tail blades, compass 615mm main blades.

Offline seldred

Re: What is the N5C approximate flying weight with and without fuel?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »
The N5c should weigh between 7lbs 8oz to 7lbs 12oz. Mine weighs in at 7lbs 9oz

Everything you are using in your setup should be fine... Only thing that might present a problem is the Spektrum 6010.  The N5c is set up to only accept a mini servo. I use a Futaba 9650 and it fits and performs perfect! Most of us on Team Synergy are using this as a throttle servo. I am also using a Life 2100 mah pack. This seems to balance perfectly and provides good voltage to the cyclic servos unregulated. 

Best of luck! You will love this heli!

P.S.- Down the road, look into purchasing a set of Rail 606mm blades and rail 96mm tails. The smaller disc will allow for less bogging than the 615mm blades, also the rails really make this heli (or any heli) come alive!!!

Best Regards,
-Steve

Offline belcom

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 09:52:17 PM »
Ordered one :)  FBL with belt drive. Ships tomorrow. Man this hobby gets expensive...

No problem on the throttle servo. I'll get one. Everything else I have.

Does it make sense to get a header tank?  Use a fuel magnet?

Offline seldred

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:53:29 PM »
I say use a fuel magnet.. Keeps weight down and looks cleaner! Congrats on the new purchase!!! Pay attention to the n5c tips n tricks on this forum and please do not hesitate to pm me with any questions you have in the build process!

Best,
-Steve

Offline belcom

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 12:05:23 AM »
Thanks Steve!