April 18, 2024, 05:57:16 PM

Author Topic: Synergy E?  (Read 4187 times)

Offline Wolf51

Synergy E?
« on: September 06, 2014, 08:21:19 PM »
Hi guys,

My first collective pitch heli was a 450 and I still like to use it as a trainer and general fun machine.

I also have my Synergy E5 (6S 550) which is my pride and joy.
I intend to stay with the E5 as my main machine and maybe stretch it at some stage.

Thing is I'd like to upgrade to a better quality 450, preferably something running around 6S and 360 main blades. Now there are a few helis out there already and one or two more to come. But I really value the quality in my E5 and being part of the Synergy family.

Sooo, I'm wondering (actually hoping ::)) if Matt has any plans to release something in that class.

Is anyone who is connected to the inner circle able to comment on this?

Cheers :)

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
Re: Synergy E?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 11:00:25 PM »
Yeah.  I would certainly get on the wait list for that E3.  :D

Offline Wolf51

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:29:40 PM »
Curmudgeon, is it possible?
You and I are the only ppl around here who would get excited about an E3, if thats what it might be called?

Me, I would love to see one. Hence the question in the OP.
Somebody on the team must have an opinion, please... :)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 11:34:34 PM by Wolf51 »

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 01:38:29 PM »
Im in, almost done with my E5,  ;D Cliff
Cliff

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 11:11:06 PM »
I want a small heli that I can fly safely at a local park.  I've flown the Blade 450 3D and the Blade 450X.  I did not like them enough to bother rebuilding them after their last crashes, so I sold the salvageable parts.  I built a Thunder Tiger V2 on 6S, but I did not like the way it looked; the canopy was too ugly.  I considered the Gaui X3 on 6S, but I feel it lacks the "wow" factor.  The Warp 360 did not get me excited either.  Now I am excited about the KDS Chase 360 and the Goblin 380.  I am a little concerned that the Goblin 380 may be a bit too big to fly safely at a local park.

I am confident that Matt could design a 6S 450-size heli that would rival and/or surpass the competition and spark enthusiasm.  From a business standpoint, a small heli like that could serve as a gateway to folks purchasing the larger Synergy helis.  However, I do not get the sense that Matt is interested in pursuing that project.   :'(

Offline Wolf51

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 05:58:14 AM »
Well, you may be right curmudgeon.

Really, I'd be more surprised if Matt announced a new product just like that.
I started the thread to get the topic on the forum, maybe others will add their interest over time.

Delivering a new heli is a major effort and realistically it would be revealed in a way that's consistent with the Synergy philosophy when the product is close to release.

Whether we get to see one in the future, time will tell.

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 07:47:54 AM »
There are some threads on HeliFreak discussing a 450 size Synergy heli.  "Synergy 450!?!?!??!?"was started in July 2013.  I started "Chase 360, Goblin 380:  Where is the Synergy E3?" last month.  I believe there are similar threads on other forums.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 08:40:05 AM »
if synergy made one, I would definitely get one. the 550 I can fly at my park when I am alone, but with others there, even just walking their dogs, I am not comfortable. I like the Gaui bird though, even the NX4 Gasser is a very nice bird. the gasser motor in that bird makes more power than the nitro motor, guys claim it is unbogable compared to the nitro...I just cant see sinking any more money in another brand right now.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 09:35:37 AM »
I too used to fly my 550 and 600 size helis at the local park when I thought I was alone.  I even tested 700 size helis at the park.  That was really dumb of me.  I had issues where kids and dogs would sneak up out of no where trying to chase the helicopters.  It happened in more than one occasion; you would think I would have learned the first time.   :P

I need something small to fly reasonably safely at a local park.  Even the Goblin 380 may be a little too big.  A Synergy E3 swinging 360mm blades on 6S would be awesome.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 11:07:14 AM »
dang that's ironic!

I actually had a dog get out of car, and literally chase my heli. I was yelling at the woman to get her f'ing dog unless she wanted to buy that heli once the lipo went up and burned the whole heli. I had to hover that heli 50' up for probably 8min while she got that dog dude......pack came down (in low voltage cutoff [rpm reduction]) with like 5% left.....that is the only issue I have ever had. people around here know I fly, and they know I test helis there. I never "fly" anything there other than some figure 8's, only testing. they enjoy watching. same people every time, they remember what I say about how dangerous they are. but there is always a risk of someone coming out of the woods I guess......

damn, now I feel bad about flying there! thanks! jk.....
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos