April 25, 2024, 02:37:43 AM

Author Topic: N7 with 105 tunning issues and run times?  (Read 12855 times)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: N7 with 105 tunning issues and run times?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 08:28:20 PM »
Shims for 20% = .2mm.
Contact hobby. Services. They have the seats and will mail one to you. Call them.
He's not in the U.S.A.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Kevin Dalrymple

• Field Representative
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 08:30:22 PM »
What the wrong seat dose is effect the fuel regulator. The wrong size bore give the wrong vacuum on the regulator valve. Which in turn makes you motor run rich then lean. And you can not tune it.
Synergy Field Rep
Rail Blades Field Rep

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 08:51:46 PM »
If you don't have any luck in Australia, you could try sending an email to partssupport@greatplanes.com and explain your situation to them. That was the email address I used to contact hobby services and get my replacement needle seat.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline beans07

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 04:36:01 PM »
Thanks guy's for all your help. My local bloke I bought the engine off is chasing it up with RC Japan one of the other engines that he got at the same time has issues as well.

Offline beans07

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 04:47:51 AM »
Well I got a reply tonight. The shop I bought the engine off contacted their Japanese Supplier who in turn contacted OS engines. OS engines are not familiar with any issues at all on OS 105HZR engines. I am told they will have to deal with it individually and it may have to go back to Japan which I would assume would be at my cost to send there.

How is it in the US they hand out needle seats to affected customers yet OS in Japan are not familiar with any issues.

No wonder people fly electrics.

Offline Kevin Dalrymple

• Field Representative
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 06:22:56 AM »
They know about it. They made the new needle seats. The seats were handed out at IRCA and if you were not at IRCHA you can get one from Hobby Services. I would send an email to hobby services ( see the link Rod had posted) and they should send you one. Tell them your story.
Synergy Field Rep
Rail Blades Field Rep

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 08:17:32 AM »
They know about it. They made the new needle seats. The seats were handed out at IRCA and if you were not at IRCHA you can get one from Hobby Services. I would send an email to hobby services ( see the link Rod had posted) and they should send you one. Tell them your story.

+1

i got mine at IRCHA, they know about it.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Chris Wall

• Field Representative
    • WallsWorld
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 10:31:47 AM »
It takes multiple emails to them.  I sent about 8 emails all with a reply that they know of no issues...  Telling me to send the motor into them and they would test it.  I tried one last time after Rodney posted he got one and they stated they were currently out of stock, but they found one in the warehouse and would ship it to me...  I think you have to get the "right" person on the other end to get a new part.  Also, calling might get better results.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:33:29 AM by cwall64 »
Synergy Field Representative / Team Scorpion / Team FBL Rotors
www.fortbendhelis.com

Offline Chris Wall

• Field Representative
    • WallsWorld
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 02:06:14 PM »
I just got my new needle valve seat in the mail today, hopefully I'll have time tomorrow afternoon to check it out...  As Rodney mentioned, very noticeable difference in diameter when trying to insert a 1.5 hex!
Synergy Field Representative / Team Scorpion / Team FBL Rotors
www.fortbendhelis.com

Offline beans07

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 08:22:04 PM »
Hobby Services don't extend to Australia. The Japan supplier won't admit fault and that has been a probkem so I am stuck. I can't find any instock to purchase either.

flyalan

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2014, 06:25:36 AM »
Hobbico knows for sure there was an issue but won't admit it. Those that received new seats at IRCHA were fortunate that a responsible Hobbico rep was in the loop and handed them out. Probably why there was some fallout after IRCHA.  Sometimes doing the right thing has negative results.

Cheers
Alan

Offline Frequency

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 11:03:46 AM »

As a side question when did OS start making their Heli engines in China? My box has a sticker on the side which includes "MADE IN CHINA".

It's possible that the box is "MADE IN CHINA"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline beans07

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 09:30:53 PM »
Hobbico knows for sure there was an issue but won't admit it. Those that received new seats at IRCHA were fortunate that a responsible Hobbico rep was in the loop and handed them out. Probably why there was some fallout after IRCHA.  Sometimes doing the right thing has negative results.

Cheers
Alan

I think you are right Alan. OS Japan are still refusing to acknowledge that there is any issue at all. Meanwhile I am stuck with a motor that wont tune properly and has less power than my old 91 sized donk.

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2014, 12:32:26 PM »
I just saw this on another forum and it might help you in your quest... hopefully.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=666796
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline beans07

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 08:11:06 PM »
Hi Rodney, thanks for the link. I have passed that information on to my local hobby shop who supplied the engine to me.

Something I found interesting.

A friend has a YS 120SRX and he ordered a full carby the same as the 105 HZ-R from RCJapan. It came with the larger needle seat. He has his needle in a long way now but it performs more reliable than the YS carby.

The question I have is the larger needle seat the wrong one? or was it designed to have the larger needle seat?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 08:14:11 PM by beans07 »