April 18, 2024, 10:36:39 AM

Author Topic: Rail blades quiet?  (Read 2206 times)

Offline troasb

Rail blades quiet?
« on: September 25, 2015, 11:17:19 PM »
On my N7 I had Edge main blades. Now I changed to Rail 696 and they are much quiter giving very little flap noise in hard manouvers. I kind of liked the high flap noise so I am a little dissapointed about this, although they work just perfectly.

Offline Kevin Dalrymple

• Field Representative
Re: Rail blades quiet?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 08:01:41 AM »
I went from Edge to Rails. The noise is the effect of the blade not being efficient. What I have notice is my head speed stays more consistent through maneuvers.

One of the best benefits is in an auto. With more efficient blades the will auto longer.

As for me good by noise and hello to blades that work better.
Synergy Field Rep
Rail Blades Field Rep

Offline troasb

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 12:58:50 PM »
I went from Edge to Rails. The noise is the effect of the blade not being efficient. What I have notice is my head speed stays more consistent through maneuvers.

One of the best benefits is in an auto. With more efficient blades the will auto longer.

As for me good by noise and hello to blades that work better.

Yes, I guess you are right, I was also thinking that they may be more effective not using energy to make noise. But I kind of miss the sound, difficult choice for me!

Offline Dan Roysdon

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 03:49:55 PM »
My experience on the limited models I've had other-than-Rail-blades on is that once I get the Rails counterpart the noise goes down and the flight time per battery goes up. I really like the noise but prefer the flight time.

I believe Curtis Youngblood had something floating around online about how the noise, while cool, is robbing efficiency.