April 19, 2024, 10:13:18 AM

Author Topic: Tuning Help Video Thread.  (Read 1398 times)

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Tuning Help Video Thread.
« on: October 15, 2015, 07:12:52 AM »
Hi guys.. Thought I'd start something new... And it may be pretty subjective.. Especially given the multitude of FBL units out there.. But I'm hoping for good results/responses in an effort to tune... Which I am terrible at! So, what I'd like to do is post a video and state the proposed problem to get feed back from others in an effort to correctly tune that stated issue.. And fix other issues others may note as well. The reason for this is its sometimes hard to explain what one is attempting to fix or pinpoint the actual problem. Here is a video of my E7SE from yesterday. Now I know there are SEVERAL tuning issues that need to be addressed.. Bear in mind, I suck on the sticks, but let's start with the tail.. I have made changes since this video and it's better, but not on point... I have now where it's pretty solid, but u can hear that baby work'n the tail. Also, pitch pumps & sudden collective inputs, the tail goes right.. Like for a split second it just won't hold... So hear is the setup & clip... E7SE, CC160HV, iKon, HBL960 & 990HV servos.. Gov via the iKon.. Pitch precomp active.. HS 1400, 1750, 2100.. Collective +\- 13..
http://youtu.be/QCBoR0xvRvE
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 07:09:51 PM by cml001 »
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: Tuning Help Video Thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 06:57:16 PM »
Sounds like the Pgain is a touch high. Try dropping it about 5% to stop the tail from getting angry at high speeds. If it needs to hold a little better increase I gain. When increasing I gain do punch outs straight up and make sure the tail doesn't get angry and wag. Once you have optimized I gain then you can increase collective precomp to try to keep the tail from stepping out when you get heavy on the collective. Bear it mind the higher head speed you run the better the tail is going to hold, so you'll probably want to optimize gains for each headspeed. Lower headspeed will take higher gains and more pre-comp. PM me if you want.

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: Tuning Help Video Thread.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 07:07:18 PM »
Thanks Danny... I was able to get out & run 4 packs thru her today... I didn't get any video tho as I forgot my phone mount for my hat.. Lol... I look retarded with a iPhone 6s all up on my forehead.. Lol.. Anyhow.. I work this weekend, Monday will be my next scheduled flight. I'll let cha know how it goes! Thanks again.
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!