April 19, 2024, 01:39:37 PM

Author Topic: Head Shake unresolved on Goblin 570  (Read 12772 times)

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: Head Shake unresolved on Goblin 570
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2015, 07:18:34 PM »
As long as temperatures are ok and the governor is not bogging there's nothing to worry about. Those numbers are recommendations, and since the 6s setup is in the "sport flying" bracket headspeed is specified lower. No reason you can't fly at 2500. Go up a tooth on the motor pulley if you have to.

Offline Grees01

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2015, 11:07:11 PM »
Ok will give it a try. Definitely going to need to bump the motor pulley up another tooth to hit that rpm and have a little overhead left though I think. 
Glen A. Rees

Offline Grees01

Head Shake almost fully resolved on Goblin 570
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2015, 05:05:31 PM »
 :) Hello all, We have some progress. After two days of horrible weather, today is pretty nice. So I was preparing to work on the Goblin and change the motor pulley to the 23 tooth, and run it up to 2500 rpm, and I thought to myself, wait a minute, before I do that let me try something. So I went into the Ikon settings and lowered the cyclic gain by 2 points (its set as a 500 size heli) also I had noticed when checking on the governor setup, that really I couldn't get any more head speed out of it without changing the pulley. So really on IU2 it was pretty much maxed out. I thought ok, I'm going to lower everything by 100 rpm. So normal 2100, IU1 2200, IU3 2300. Leaves a little bit of overhead on top. Flew it, Its better, almost perfect at 2100, and 2200, still has a little shake at 2300, I'm not exactly sure what to attribute the change to. "lowering the cyclic gain by 2 pts"? or "dropping all the HS by 100 rpm", or maybe like you guys have suggested "the dampers are just getting broken in". I really don't have the skills yet to put this thing thru some aggressive flight maneuvers, but I'm working on it. In the meantime it has been a pretty good day for me. Thanks to all you who took the time to read and reply and share some feedback with me. I do appreciate it. 
P.S. I have been talking to my wife about a new synergy E5. She almost on board with the idea, we have reached some sort of tentative compromise. I will be getting one pretty soon. ;)
Glen A. Rees

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2015, 06:25:32 PM »
Great to hear! I bet you would love the E5! Let us know when you get it. My E5 626mm stretch is one of the funnest helis I've ever flown.

Offline Grees01

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2015, 07:26:00 PM »
Thanks Danny. What do you like in the way of electronics? Motors? FBL units? Servos?
Glen A. Rees

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2015, 05:43:26 AM »
Everyone has their personal preferences. I tend to gravitate towards MKS or Futaba servos. I run a variety of motors from Kontronik, Xnova, KDE, and Scorpion. They all serve me well with plenty of power and no issues. I run Kontronik ESCs exclusively and MSH Brain flybarless units.

Offline Grees01

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2015, 10:18:31 PM »
 :) Hi Danny. Picked up a barely used Synergy E5 airframe, and Scorpion 4025-1100 KV motor also barely used for 375.00. I was hoping to be able to buy everything new, but it just really adds up quick and spending 2000.00+ on another heli is earning me some bad vibes here. Here's the link to the post. http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t799133p1/?p=6535219#RR
Talked to guy on the phone that owns its, (Dave Hoskins) very nice, 33 yrs old he just picked up a sponsorship with Goblin. Bert Kammerer is his sponsor. Air frame and motor, that's it. Should be shipping out tomorrow. I asked him if he lock tightened the set screw on the front trans drive gear that so many people seem to forget with catastrophic results, he said "oh yea, sure did" We'll see when it shows up, looks quite clean in the photos, oh yea, he threw in a pulse 4100 mah battery for me too. Nice event coming up in December in Florida, I'd like to go. Anyone from Synergy going to be there. Supposed to be a pretty good sized event?
https://www.facebook.com/orlandoblowout/?fref=ts
Glen A. Rees

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2015, 07:21:02 AM »
Awesome deal man! That's great to hear, I think you will love it. It's such a versatile heli. The stretch configurations are a lot of fun and disc loading gets lower the bigger you go, so you can tailor it to fly however you want. With holiday sales approaching you should be able to do pretty well on electronics. Have fun with it and keep us posted on the build!
   I've never gone to OHB personally, it's a long way and a tough time of year for me to travel, but it does tend to draw a lot of attention and some great pilots.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 07:25:06 AM by Danny Dugger »

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2015, 10:19:26 PM »
I was there last year its a great event.
Cliff

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2015, 10:24:28 PM »
Castle has a sale now till the 22, 27% off
Cliff

Offline Grees01

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2015, 04:35:46 PM »
Hi Cliff, thanks for the reply. My wife and I are talking about the idea of me going to the event. She wants me to go. And I would like to attend. Are you planning on attending this year? It would be great to meet some of the Synergy people in person, make some new friends and such. I hope to be there. I have seen the sale on Castle Creations products on Helidirect and such. Nice pricing. MKS has a nice promo package on a few sets of their servos also. Might give them a try on this next machine. Anyone out there running Spartan Vortex FBL? or the new Mikado V Bar Neo? I'd like to hear some feedback if anyone has some to share. What is the recommended battery size for the E5 with a 6S setup? (4100 Mah?) maybe?
Glen A. Rees

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2015, 06:14:32 PM »
I really want to go again this year but its Thursday till Sunday I can't take that much time off work, Shame I had a great time
Cliff

Offline Grees01

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2015, 07:36:54 PM »
I understand, neither can I really. Was hoping to leave early from work on Friday. Fly at night, spend Saturday, and part of Sunday, and return home Sunday night. I'm not sure if I can make it work either. What airport did you flight into?
Glen A. Rees

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2015, 07:30:35 AM »
the neo is the better of the 2 IMO. the neo is easier to tune, and just flat out flys better. the Spartan tail is extremely hard to get perfect, the neo is almost unbeatable right out of the box. the neo also offers the rescue option for guy who want to utilize it, which is a great confidence builder for a newer pilot (when used like it should be).

I fly my E5 6S with 5000ma packs, I only get 3:30 of hard 3D, so I wouldn't go much lower than 4500, IMO the flights would be too short.

FYI Bert is no longer employed by Goblin, he is only a sponsored Goblin pilot. Bert may have initiated the conversation between the fellow and the team manager though....?
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2015, 08:04:25 AM »
I drove up, I live very south west Florida, takes about 5hrs
Cliff