Other Manufacturer > General Heli Support

Kontronik and E5SS

(1/4) > >>

Dean H:
I plan on running a headspeed of 1250-1500 on my E5SS. I am not familiar with Kontronik and I'm researching purchasing a Kontronik 700-52 and a Jive Pro ESC. Is there a formula for figuring out what wattage or amps a certain headspeed will produce at a certain voltage? Or how many watts per pound is needed on a heli? If V * A = W and I have a Jive Pro 80HV lets say the heli is running at 60A. A 7s will give me approx. 24.5V under a load. so, 24.5 * 60A = 1470W but what is the actual HS at 1470W or 60A?

Basically, I want to know if I can get away with a Jive Pro 80HV ESC at 1200-1500 RPM on 7S ?
Also wondering if I should go 560Kv? I have 12T, 13T and 14T pinions. It appears that 60%-80% will give me my target HS range with 520Kv and 13T pinion. Need help understanding how Kontronik works.

Thanks for your advice!

Danny Dugger:

--- Quote from: Dean H on November 26, 2015, 06:04:57 AM ---I plan on running a headspeed of 1250-1500 on my E5SS. I am not familiar with Kontronik and I'm researching purchasing a Kontronik 700-52 and a Jive Pro ESC. Is there a formula for figuring out what wattage or amps a certain headspeed will produce at a certain voltage? Or how many watts per pound is needed?

Basically, I want to know if I can get away with a Jive Pro 80HV ESC at 1200-1500 RPM on 7S ?
Also wondering if I should go 560Kv? I have 12T, 13T and 14T pinions. It appears that 60%-80% will give me my target HS range with 520Kv and 13T pinion. Need help understanding how Kontronik works.

Thanks for your advice!

--- End quote ---

Running a dedicated 7s setup you will want the 560kv and probably a 15t pinion to reach your desired headspeeds with the Jive Pro. If I were you I would get the 120 just to be future proof if nothing else, you might want to change up your setup one day. I'm not sure what kind of power your setup will draw. It's a very efficient motor and on 7s it should be low, but with a 15t pinion in a 700 it may not be as low as you would expect. You'll still be pushing the PWM high so it could still be in the 100A+ range fairly often depending on how you fly. That's just a guess sitting here looking at some old logs of mine from a Helijive 120 / Pyro 700 combo.

Dean H:
Thanks Danny! I'm a careful sport flyer:) and my collective management is getting better!

I'm trying to cut grams everywhere I can, maybe unnecessarily as disc loading with 716's  willl be light anyway and you're spot on, I may want to beef it up in the future; however, I do have 2 goblins if I want to get crazy.

How does the Kontronik gov. work as it relates to the pinion size as I've been thinking a 14T would work?

Danny Dugger:
You just throw the pinion on and fly :) There are no programmed headspeeds in the unit itself. Kontronik gov is super easy to set up - just program mode 4 and fly! Headspeed is set purely by a flat line throttle percentage in the tx. If it's not fast enough, higher flat line throttle %. You can run between 50% to 80% throttle with great gov preformance in mode 4. Use the logs or a tach to see what exact RPM you're running. I always look at the logs.

Danny Dugger:
I usually start a new setup with three headspeeds in my tx at 55%, 65%, 75% and see what speeds that gives me. Fine tune from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version