April 19, 2024, 02:32:53 AM

Author Topic: Which FBL Controller  (Read 4138 times)

Offline kosmasp

Which FBL Controller
« on: January 27, 2016, 06:39:51 AM »
Hi guys all...

Just need your opinion on which FBL controller use for N5C (heli no matters i know, but N5C is my new project  :))
I'm planning to go with beastx plus, i'm in the right way?
Also looking and the Futaba CGY750 

I'm gone use
Cycle Servo Futaba BLS451
& Tail Servo Futaba BLS251

Any opinions and recomentation would be appreciated !!

Offline peteowlsmith

Re: Which FBL Controller
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 07:27:29 AM »
CGY750 rocks in both of mine !     8)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 09:06:45 AM »
I haven't flown a BeastX in a couple of years but I've been flying CGY-750s in my N5C and N7 and love the way they fly, especially with the latest V2 firmware.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 09:12:44 AM »
ok, so my experience was different...lol..go figure, I have the oddest issues of anyone...

I couldn't get my GCY to perform properly on my N5C. never figured out why, I replaced it with a vbar, and never thought about it again. vbar is my choice, but from the way the CGY flew on my other helis, I liked it too. just not on the N5C.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 12:34:35 PM »
I'm an iKon user... And out of all my birds... It's the best on the N5C.. My other birds are good with it as well.. I'm just poor at tuning.. But I love the N5C with the iKon.
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline Jason Cummings

• Field Representative
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 01:30:09 PM »
I also fly the msh brain/ikon. I love how solid and consistent the Heli feels. Kinda like flying the sim.

Offline kosmasp

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 02:18:21 AM »
Thanks guys all,

Very respectable all the opinions, but i have to admint that confuse me more!
My first choice was beastx (and i was going for that before open this thread) and alternative the CGY750,
Now i think that i must reconsider the hole story about fbl and digging more on google to make my decision

I flirt more with CGY750 for the moment.. (i must take a better look on the manual to see what i should except)

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 07:07:23 AM »
Actually that CGY750 is a great unit... I'm told.. Lotta guys I know are on it, and I'll be try'n it out soon I hope.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:13:11 AM by cml001 »
Clay

Offline peteowlsmith

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 07:39:20 AM »
Another way to look at it is you cannot go wrong with any of the choices listed  :>

My suggestion is to go with what others have at your local field.    If you need help, and are the only one with a XYZ Controller, you either are out of luck or become the expert!

I am the only one left flying Nitro at several fields, and help is hard to come by when tuning issues.

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 10:14:23 AM »
Good point Pete! I can dig it.
Clay

Offline Gabriel Sandoval

• Field Representative
  • If your not crashin' your not trying hard enough..
    • Midwest Heli Boyz
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 01:57:37 PM »
I will be the odd man out here as I fly Spartan gyros and am sold on their performance and ease of programming. :o
Team Synergy
Team Scorpion
Team Dee Force Aviation
Team YS Performance USA
Looking for a fuel Sponsor

Offline jayster10

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 08:42:08 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean. Up where I am in up state New York. There aren't even many fliers up here. So, I won't be just the odd man out with my NC5, I will be the only man out there.

Offline kosmasp

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 06:43:53 AM »
Pete,

I am a futaba guy 2, i fly a GY401 with s9254 (Raptor 30v2) and a GY520 with bls251 (Raptor x50 titan) and soooooo far i have no issues at all.   :)
I take a quick look yesterday at the manual of the CGY750 and i didnt find any difficulites with the setup. The truth is that in the field i fly, most guys uses beastx and Vbar (thats why my first choise was beastx).

i think a pros on CGY750 is the onboard display which make the setup procees even easier.. and also help for quick tunning and adjustments on the field.. (correct me if i'm wrong)

Offline peteowlsmith

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 08:48:58 AM »
Hi,

I am Futaba as well  :>   Been flying GY401's and 520's longer than I can remember on my Raptor V2, Sceadu EVO, Freya, and now N5c's.

CGY750 is easy to program ONCE you get used to the poking!    The video by Nick Maxwell was perfect and really made it easy.   

Trick is to use the "standard" selections and tweak later.    I am a sports flyer and have not changed anything since I programmed it - all standard.   

I bought one from a buddy who had nothing but issues.   When  I powered it up, I could see why....he had everything wrong  :<     I set everything to standard and it flies great!!!

Now if the Wisconsin weather would just cooperate  :-[
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 08:56:00 AM by peteowlsmith »

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 09:30:05 AM »
i think a pros on CGY750 is the onboard display which make the setup procees even easier.. and also help for quick tunning and adjustments on the field.. (correct me if i'm wrong)

That's one of the things I really like about the CGY-750.  The BeastX is handy that way, too, since you don't need to plug it into anything to program it.  Since the CGY-750 has a display it's easier to keep track of what's being changed (for me, anyway) versus the LED setup on BeastX.
Rodney

Team Synergy