April 25, 2024, 12:15:38 PM

Author Topic: KDE Battery Tray in E7SE  (Read 2099 times)

Offline MadBird

KDE Battery Tray in E7SE
« on: June 13, 2016, 01:29:40 AM »
Thought people might be interested in this as a great upgrade to the E7SE.

After having heaps of trouble sourcing Ralphs trays for my E7SE and not keen on paying $50USD just for postage to get the 3D printed ones sent to Australia I decided to go all in and try one of Patricks Goblin 700 tray systems.

I'm stoked with how it has turned out and absolutely love the ease of sliding the batteries in and out. I can land from one flight and be spooling up again for the next within about 20 seconds.

Sorry about the average photos...

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
Re: KDE Battery Tray in E7SE
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 09:15:17 AM »
cool!  was the width the same?
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline MadBird

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 08:24:31 PM »
No they're not Mike. The E7SE has a 62mm frame width and the G700 is 58mm.

I made 4 x 2mm CF spacers for the mid and rear mounting points through the side frame and for the front mounting point i drilled the base and put some button head screws directly into the aluminium skid mount/frame spacer.

The good thing about the extra 2mm gap down each side is that the straps securing the batteries to the trays slide in snugly without catching on the side frame.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 07:28:37 AM »
cool deal. looks great!
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Pilot error

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 09:30:43 PM »
I just did the same mod my self few months back. Love it! I used 2x10 Carbon front to back and lifted the front of the tray to put the battery right into the tip of the canopy. I had all ready lifted the esc a bit for more lipo room. Now it's much easier puting on the canopy with long and light packs that need to be as far forward as possible