March 28, 2024, 10:03:20 AM

Author Topic: e7se tail slider  (Read 2617 times)

Offline giles

e7se tail slider
« on: June 23, 2016, 03:44:01 PM »
I need to replace the bearings in the tail pitch slider ring. But having trouble removing them. Ive tried heating in an oven but they wont budge. The issue is there not alot of bearing inner to hit against to push it out from the other side.

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
Re: e7se tail slider
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 07:44:28 AM »
stock slider, or the upgraded one, stock one has the plastic and a special washer that lock the bearing in, very hard to remove and replace. I put the new one on both my ships, they are well worth the money
Cliff

Offline giles

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 03:15:15 PM »
its an aluminium ring, not sure if its an upgrade or not. Anyway I managed to tap out the old bearings. took some doing. also I bought the heli used so who ever built it left out the brass bushing that sits between the bearings.

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 08:44:02 AM »
Check out fbl and see what you have, also on this site you can down load the manual, look in tread on the e5 there talking about the stock slider
Cliff

Offline Manyc

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 02:24:24 AM »
How did you tap them out? Is the a lip in the middle? Just trying to replace them myself.. It's the metal one...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Offline Gabriel Sandoval

• Field Representative
  • If your not crashin' your not trying hard enough..
    • Midwest Heli Boyz
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 10:24:38 AM »
Team Synergy
Team Scorpion
Team Dee Force Aviation
Team YS Performance USA
Looking for a fuel Sponsor

Offline giles

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 03:54:54 PM »
How did you tap them out? Is the a lip in the middle? Just trying to replace them myself.. It's the metal one...

while back now when I removed them. It was a combination of heating in the oven and tapping from the over side with a sharp tool like a small flat head screw driver to just catch the inner race. Mine was missing the brass spacer so don't know if this made it easier. The lip is the same diameter as the inner race so making it difficult to remove. I think once you get one bearing out the other one is easier to get too as you can aim the screw driver better as there is no bearing there to get in the way.

Thanks Gabriel for the bearing remover link. 

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 04:05:16 PM by giles »

Offline Manyc

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »
Thanks..it's kind of what I figured but hoped it wasn't.. Bearing puller looks good.. But I don't think it does a bearing this small? Or does it?