April 24, 2024, 06:03:38 PM

Author Topic: Quick question..  (Read 1526 times)

Offline James F

Quick question..
« on: August 23, 2016, 02:15:45 PM »
This question is directed at those with knowledge of both the E5s and N5C.   I am looking at adding a nitro my small collection for something easy to take to events without the need for a generator.

Question is am I correct in assuming both models share a portion of their parts other than the differences hat come from having a motor that is?

It would be my first nitro but not my first fuel heli.  I did keep a radical g20 for a bit.  But as much as a used trex 600 is appealing I want to keep spare part inventory to a minimum and it just is not a synergy :).

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
Re: Quick question..
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 02:25:07 PM »
The head parts, swash, etc are the same.  The E5 is direct servo to swash.  The N5C has bell cranks. Plus the addition of a clutch. Thus the parts count is higher on the N5C.  The tail box is the same and depending on what you run on the E5 the tail boom, etc could be the same.  Frames, Spacers and bearing blocks are different.

In common are the Head, Swash, Leading gear and possibly the boom and torque tube.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Alan
Team Helilids RC

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 02:34:40 PM »
Also just a few of the transmission parts..

Cheers
Alan
Team Helilids RC

Offline James F

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 04:34:00 PM »
Ok thanks.  I run 620mm blades on my E5 so the same boom and tt.  That was what i was wondering about.  I figured the frame would be wider for the motor, tank, etc.   I was thinking in terms of head, tail, gears.  That wohld allow me to keep the same bearings, and replacement parts for both models on hand a bit cheaper.  I knew there would be the clutch liners, bell cranks, etc that were different.  My gasser made a tres 700 look slim and small by comparison.

Time to save up some money for the n5c kit i think.  Currently have rotortech 620mm blades which seem wrong on a synergy.  I will have to put aside more money to rectify that as well....

Matt when i get the money scrapped up for another synergy i want a hat lol.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 05:23:41 PM »
Frame is actually narrower on the N5C. You will need to run 606 main blades on the N5C. 620 sizes are typically too much for a 55 size nitro.

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Team Helilids RC

Offline James F

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 06:35:45 PM »
Good to know. Thanks again

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 03:39:12 PM »
much narrower! by probably 50% plus! the stiffest airframe on the planet.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline James F

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 05:53:54 PM »
 Cant imagine it being any stiffer than the one on the e5.  From whatbi read and see in my E5 i would say they allnare built to last.