April 26, 2024, 01:03:14 PM

Author Topic: Reversing main and tail rotor rotation on Synerg  (Read 1447 times)

Offline allupndown

Reversing main and tail rotor rotation on Synerg
« on: August 25, 2016, 09:43:54 PM »
Wondering if anyone has attempted to reverse the main and tail rotation for a scale project using Synergy E mechanics.

Can the main gear/one way bearing be turned over on an E5 or 7 and can the tail block be turned over from right side to left?

Trying to put the TR on the correct side for a scale Bell 206 or 222/airwolf fuse and have scale appropriate rotation.

Don't know if this is even possible since it would reverse the location of the blade grip arms.

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
Re: Reversing main and tail rotor rotation on Synerg
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 05:55:27 AM »
Yes you can flip the main gear.  The main grips can also be flipped (sometimes done unintentionally :-))
The challenge will be the tail bell crank.  Flipping it so that the output shaft exits on the left will result in the bellcrank being on the top of the tail box instead of the bottom.  You can use the existing bellcrank mount and attach the bellcrank from the other side.  You would need to add a 3mm spacer of some sort to get the geometry correct.  It can be done though.

I have two Airwolf Fuse's (one 600 and one 700). Both of these are designed for a right sided tail box. 

Cheers
Alan
Team Helilids RC

Offline allupndown

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 01:54:30 PM »
Thanks for the info !

I know you are working on a 700 size and if I remember correctly it was a Fun-key fuse. I may be mislead but I thought Fun-key allowed the option of which side the TR faces?

There's so much to consider, like you've said previously and I'm not dead set on trying to get scale rotation and TR orientation. I suppose with all the other challenges involved, that should be the least of my concerns lol.

Did you order through jettech? If so, are there any weird import taxes etc besides shipping involved and are the included retracts on the 700 size sprung wire like the smaller versions or are they more scale in appearance ?

Thanks a bunch Alan !
Greg

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 02:00:38 PM »
Yes ordered through jettechmodels. No tax issues.
The tail box cone could be reversed I guess but you would have to repaint it. The white would be on top and black on the bottom if you swap it to a left output.
The retracts are mechanical with wire legs. I will be looking for more suitable scale like gear and portable use electric retract mechanics.

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Team Helilids RC