April 24, 2024, 02:21:06 AM

Author Topic: clutch bell bearing  (Read 5164 times)

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
Re: clutch bell bearing
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 07:35:53 AM »
where do you store the heli? nitros really need to be stored in a conditioned space to keep humidity out of the motor. I always ensure my throttle is totally closed and piston at blocking the exhaust port when I am not flying them. I also do not run my motors dry, I simply turn them off and leave them be.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Tim J

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 12:26:58 PM »
I keep them in the Basement the humidity is at 40 %, I don't run them dry jut shut them off.
I was reading on an OS forum that some guys were having bearing problems also, they were the OS 55HZR limited.
That is the engine I run in two of my helis, haven't had problems with the other one!

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 02:00:55 PM »
Yea, I typically change bearings in my 55hzr 2 times a year. Maybe 3 depending on the circumstances. My 105 on the other hand can go all season on a set (I fly roughly 10 flights on my n5c to every 1 flight on my n7). Try keeping your heli in a closet on a conditioned level of your home. Just wipe it down well and stick a paper towel in the pipe and be sure your carb is closed and you won't have any issues. The alcohol in the fuel will wick moisture in the air straight into the bearings. If that's not possible, consider a center Glide bushing.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Tim J

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »
I hope this solves my rattle problem, I hope to try it Saturday weather permitting.
Thanks for all help Mike, and everybody else that chimed in.

Tim J

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2016, 06:54:16 AM »
The humidity here turns nitro into rust soup if left for too long. If mine is going to sit for a while I pull the back plate and put after run oil directly on the rear bearing and also on top of the piston through the glow plug hole. Put the back plate back on, make sure fuel line is pinched, pressure line disconnected, hold a paper towel over the glow plug hole and turn it over a second or two with my starter to make sure the ring gets coated. It's stayed in pretty good shape for a long while now. When I'm flying every day/every other day I don't worry about it.

Offline Tim J

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 12:32:50 PM »
I try to oil my helis up if there going to sit longer than two weeks, I also plug the exhaust pipe with paper towel.
For winter storage I pull the engines out, clean them up and use lots of oil. I have only had one other set of bearings  do that on me.
I keep the whole house at 40% humidity year round, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Tim J

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 03:53:10 PM »
I was able to get out for a bit today  with my N5c, the new engine bearings did the trick.
 it sound's Awesome without the rattle.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2016, 08:01:38 AM »
awesome. was the cage broken? I had one do that to me one time and it rattled. that is a little rare though.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Tim J

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 12:36:06 PM »
No the cage was fine just rough when turning it in my fingers.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 08:21:46 AM »
got ya.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Gabriel Sandoval

• Field Representative
  • If your not crashin' your not trying hard enough..
    • Midwest Heli Boyz
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2016, 03:19:54 PM »
I go through rear bearings regularly here in the Mid-West as during the flying season there is a lot of moisture in the air and since my heli's usually live in my truck the temp swings are just a fact of life for me. I do run them till they wont fire on the glow before storage. I might have to check out the Magnum Centerglide bearing out and see if that's the cure. I am too lazy to pull the bottom plate off my N7 an my N5c is easier but laziness prevails. I have a box full of new bearings to chew through 1st though.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:25:53 PM by GabrielSandoval »
Team Synergy
Team Scorpion
Team Dee Force Aviation
Team YS Performance USA
Looking for a fuel Sponsor

Offline Tim J

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2016, 06:50:21 PM »
I was looking at the Magnum Centerglide bearing also, didn't know that was even an option for these engines.
Going to give them a call this winter, just to see what takes place.
 I pull my engines out clean and oil them faithfully, when I'm finished flying for the season.   

Offline Josh Easter

• Field Representative
  • 812-278-1997
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2016, 07:50:17 PM »
Centerglide bearing is the ticket. Defiantly worth the money.
Team Synergy