April 25, 2024, 01:44:09 AM

Author Topic: E7se crash  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
E7se crash
« on: September 24, 2016, 10:25:27 PM »
Well I knew it was coming, was inverted going too fast backwards, and ran out of talent, I think is was the soft ground save most of heli, big divot about 6'' - 8'' deep, after 400+ flights, I bit it, when do you retire a ship before cost effect to just replace it? All gearing looks good frames ok no breaks, all shafts  bent, mains, tails, boom, tt shaft, skids, tail pitch linkage, canopy, boom supports,  have not check the radio yet, or check all the bearing.
Cliff

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
Re: E7se crash
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 02:49:30 AM »
Let me first say my condolences to you its always a bad day when the skids are the last thing to hit the dirt!

I have an e7se kit that I just started assembling a couple of days ago I also had crashed my E7. I decided to do the rekit because I like to have the latest and greatest but I think what you really need to think about is how bad do you want or how important is it for you to have the new lower head design with the new washouts and the grips with the tiny little holes so you can use a botoluber to grease your thrust bearings at the field. Or how much will you benefit from the slotted frame and the ability to change tail ratios. Also how bad does your motor need the extra  cooling factor of the aluminum motor plate doubler.  And maybe you have had your eye on the special edition canopy, that comes with the new kit.   

Ok I am trying to be funny but seriously I think you will have a hard time coming up with the rekit cost replacing shafts and bearings and a lid. But the Special Edition is defiantly better than the original E7 and will be a whole lot less work starting from scratch. I would say its a personal preference. Either way you go good luck and I hope you get back in the air soon buddy.

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
Re: E7se crash
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 11:07:17 PM »
Very slow but it coming back, found the elevator striped the horn, I think that why it would not recover, or from impact, I have been flying it pretty hard, tic tocs, larger rainbows, and I love doing pogos inverted while piros, very fast up and down. Funny thing was after the crash I took my e5s up did the same maneuver 6 times, no problem, then I was doing with my gobby 380. So I replaced all servo horns to metal ones with the carbon horns. So the end of next week should be air.   
Cliff