April 26, 2024, 08:20:08 PM

Author Topic: Servo's?  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Mark_NC

Servo's?
« on: November 19, 2016, 12:37:51 PM »
Looking at getting a 766... any recommendation on good servos? Any I should stay away from? I am a  sport-flyer, and this will be an upgrade from my 500...

Offline Josh Easter

• Field Representative
  • 812-278-1997
Re: Servo's?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 12:59:04 PM »
Mark

You just can't go wrong with futaba. I am using the BLS275SV and I absolutely love them. They are pricey but well worth the investment.

I have trust issues with servos. Especially when you have so much invested in your 766 :)
Team Synergy

Offline Don DeWitt

• Field Representative
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 05:47:04 PM »
I like these they work well and the wire uplugs from the servo for easy install 😆
http://m.helidirect.com/item/3432363138
Team Synergy

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 08:11:26 PM »
MKS and Futaba are my only two stops for servos.

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 08:05:15 AM »
MKS... they are great servos and a decent price range among a good variety of specs... its my preferred servo.
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 08:35:25 AM »
mks X6 or X8 for 766. if you go X8, you need to order their servo arms as they have an 8mm output shaft instead of the standard 6mm output shaft.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Mark_NC

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 09:59:46 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.... going to try the Xpert R1

They get great reviews with some other big heli's and they are on-sale (slightly!) at AMainHobbies :)

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 08:58:02 AM »
I have heard of guys having issues with the internal shutdown on them, just keep an eye on the amp draw to prevent them from shutting down in flight. I myself have not had this issue, I have however spoke with guys who have. they will shutdown in flight if you ask too much from them and you lose a servo.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Richard Rollins

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 10:40:29 AM »
The futaba servos are awesome and the expert r1 as well . It's just a matter of choice . I have a set of each on my 2 766s and they are both great
Rick
Team Synergy Team Rails, Team Scorpion

Offline Mark_NC

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 01:19:26 PM »
I have heard of guys having issues with the internal shutdown on them, just keep an eye on the amp draw to prevent them from shutting down in flight. I myself have not had this issue, I have however spoke with guys who have. they will shutdown in flight if you ask too much from them and you lose a servo.

Yikes! I ordered them a day or two ago... Hopefully will be fine. I am more a sport-flyer than 3D so should be okay - at least that is what I will tell myself!

Offline Gabriel Sandoval

• Field Representative
  • If your not crashin' your not trying hard enough..
    • Midwest Heli Boyz
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 01:54:15 PM »
I will be the odd man out here since i trust all my helicopters to JR equipment. My everyday workhorse is the
JR 8717 and 3717 for cyclic and throttle and NXB89G for all the tails. If you need the baddest cyclics available I go with JR NX8935
Team Synergy
Team Scorpion
Team Dee Force Aviation
Team YS Performance USA
Looking for a fuel Sponsor

Offline Mark_NC

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 07:51:04 AM »

I read somewhere that he "load/stress" on a servo increases as the operation frequency increases. These Xpert's can run at 400Hz. Should I maybe run them lower just incase? Is there a lot of difference in cyclic response if you use 50Hz vs. 200Hz. vs. 400Hz?

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 11:04:24 AM »
sorry man, I honestly don't know about that. I just know a few local guys here had that happen and that's really all I know.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos