April 16, 2024, 06:37:35 PM

Author Topic: 12-S Suggestions wanted: What Motor, ESC, Servo's, gear Ratio, Blades do U use?  (Read 2967 times)

Offline CptOzzy

I fell in love with Synergy  "flying" Synergy E-6 & E-7 on my RealFlight Sim - so I gave myself an early Christmas Present and Ordered the E-5.  Just got my E5 Kit - WOW !  I'm a relative Newbie and this is A Lot more Heli than I've flown so far, but I'm really looking forward to the Build and getting this beast in the air - in the next couple months.

I would really appreciate some suggestions from you guys regarding ESC, Motor, Servo's and Blades to invest in.  I plan on running this as 12S.  Also any tips on Gear Ratio and Electronics (I use Spektrum DX8 Transmitter) would be appreciated.

So far I have my eye on Castle Creations Talon 120HV 120A 12S Max HD BEC

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 06:57:09 PM by CptOzzy »

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Welcome to the family!
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline LWilliams1214

• Field Representative
My setup is a stretched e5 to run Rail 626 main blades 106 tail blades, Scorpion 4035-560kv motor, Hobbywing 100HV esc, 12s 3300-3700 packs, 13 tooth pinion. I was going for a light weight,quick,and agile 600 when I built it that may not be what you're looking for as you're fairly new but that's a option for you if you choose later down the road.

I haven't flown many castle esc's but I'm sure the 120HV would be enough to get you going.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Lots of options for this model... I think u'll find its mostly a mater of preference in set up.. personally I like the KDE 600XF motor.. depending on cell count u wanna use.. there is a 530kv & a 1100kv available. I'm also a castle guy.. so I would either use the Castle Talon 120 or Edge120Hv... tons of configuration options for this model.. ull be very pleased with it.
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
I agree with Clay. I fly KDE motors and castle speed controllers.

one thing on the speed controllers though.....I got a talon hoping it would remove some weight from the heli (being that the BEC is inside it), but with the aluminum heat sink on it, it was the EXACT same weight as the Edge 120 with the CC BEC Pro together. however, it does make for a much nicer looking setup.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Like the other guys said, there are soooooooo many different configurations that people run the E5 in, it's impossible to list them all easily. 

You mention 12S but are you planning on flying it as a 550, or stretching it?  I flew mine as a 6S 550 with a couple of different motors for a couple of years and loved it.  I now have it stretched to a 700 and... still love it.

I'm running a CC Talon 120 on mine now but I have also run a CC Edge 120, CC Edge 160, Scorpion Commander 130 SBEC, and two different Hobbywing ESCs.  I've run the CC BEC Pro, ESCs with internal SBECs, and Lipo and Life flight packs.

Currently, I am running BK Servos on all my helis.  I'm running the older 7000 series and they're still strong and precise.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline steffgiguere

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Running mine on 12S (3300mah). Scorpion 560kv motor, YGE esc, Futaba servos and Mikado Neo FBL system. Running Rails 556 main blades and loving this heli a whole lot.
Team Synergy, Canada

Offline Richard Rollins

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
I will be trying the NEW Scorpion Tribunis 120a soon. I would look into that one as well.

Rick
Rick
Team Synergy Team Rails, Team Scorpion

Offline CptOzzy

My setup is a stretched e5 to run Rail 626 main blades 106 tail blades, Scorpion 4035-560kv motor, Hobbywing 100HV esc, 12s 3300-3700 packs, 13 tooth pinion. I was going for a light weight,quick,and agile 600 when I built it that may not be what you're looking for as you're fairly new but that's a option for you if you choose later down the road.

I haven't flown many castle esc's but I'm sure the 120HV would be enough to get you going.

sweet set-up !   I already had my eye on the scorpion 4035-560kv, and I just added that and the HobbyWing Platinum Pro V3 100A-HV to my cart.  Thanks !

what servo's are you using? (can't quite read them from your pics).

What connector do you use? I'm thinking EC5.

Offline LWilliams1214

• Field Representative
The scorpion motors aren't bad at all. This was my first big electric heli so I just went with a motor that was commonly being used in a heli this size. Working well so far. As far as the esc goes I am considering upgrading to a Hobbywing 130 to get rid of the bec (Hobbywing 20amp UBEC) that's under the esc mount. But for now the 100 amp is doing fine.

The servos I'm using are Xpert 4401hv servos on the cyclic and Xpert 2202HV tail servo. The pitch and aileron cyclic servos needed spacers to to fit in the heli correctly as the cases on the servos are a little to tall resulting in the cases touching when mounted.

Yes those are ec5 connectors that's what most of the guys I fly with use and they're available at my LHS.

Offline Mike Dipalo

• Field Representative
3.3Ah packs
600~626 mains (Be mindful of blade tip sync on 626, or just use the full E6 boom vs the E5S).

4.5 tail ratio, 106 blades (blew out 96 in hard stuff)

KDE 600XF-530. Castle 120 Edge. 13t pinion. 1800 to 2250 RPM.

2.2Ah RX pack. Was LiFePO4 for a while. Going LiCoMn lipoly when it wears out.

Used to use DS615s on cyclic. Waiting on Xmas to blow over before MKS.
Tail is an HBL980 (N7 as well)
"You need more rockets. Everything is better with rawkets"
Commodore8888
Rockville, MD

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
side not for Dipalo or anyone. when I replaced my tail servos with the MKS HBL980s it totally fixed my right rudder stop issue with the vbar and vbar neo. when using the cgy the tail stopped very hard after right rudder, but using the vbar it was a soft bounce no matter what I did to remedy it with tuning. that servo is extremely underrated as far as torque goes, and has excellent gains built into the board. it just simply works, and 10x over what the others did with the vbar and vbar neo.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos