Electronics Setup Information > Setup Info

Esc dilemma! Fixed endpoints or Governor mode?

(1/3) > >>

Dogman:
Always ran fixed endpoints in my 180,450,360, and 550, and had no power drop issues, or motor lag, very happy with the performance of fixed endpoints. Just finished repairing my E7SE the other week, and did the maiden voyage the other day with fixed endpoints, and posted on another thread that it rocked, and was very happy with the performance. Decided to listen to people posting about using governor mode, so I programmed the esc to governor mode, and set all the parameters around that setting. OMG! It flew like a powered piece of dog doo doo. The motor was "burping" and when it would burp, the tail would kick out about 6". Cyclic response was affected, and I could hear the motor changing timing slightly up and down trying to find that sweet spot. Needless to say I landed quickly and now am scratching my head. Is governor mode that much better then fixed endpoints? What am I doing wrong where I am not seeing the benefit of running the governor mode?

curmudgeon:
Fixed endpoints work fine.  Fixed endpoints do not require rely on technological sophistication like governors do.  Fixed endpoints do not require tuning.  Fixed endpoints yield very consistent moment to moment head speed.  However, fixed endpoints have a significant limitation.  As the LiPo voltage drops, so does the head speed.

Tell us a little more about your governor setup.

Dogman:
Using governor mode seems it would drain the battery much quicker then fixed endpoints by trying to maintain a specific speed. It seems to me that when the battery starts to drop, instead of just giving 90% of what is available, it will try to give more and more power to maintain that high head speed. Maybe I'm not draining my packs enough in fixed mode, but I do not notice a drop(maybe very very slight) and I bring them to about 3.8V per cell. Then again I'm not doing Tereq Alsaadi 3D. Which way will give you the most flight time? I'm not worried about performance right now, flight time is more important to me right now.

Richard Rollins:
Can you tell us what ESC your using? Also what Fbl unit?  Although fixed end points work fine I run my Castle Creations gov and it works great but again it's a matter of preference. I run a CC160 hv.

Dogman:
I'm running CC Phoenix Ice2 160 HV, AR7210 BeastX, Scorpion HK3 4035 500KV motor, BK DS7002 cyclics, MKS HBL990 tail. I physically counted the teeth on gears to enter the proper info into the ESC. Looked up magnetic pole count, etc. all that was entered correctly to my knowledge. Teach me your ways jedi master!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version