March 28, 2024, 03:27:25 PM

Author Topic: N7 105 tail blowing out  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Down under n7

N7 105 tail blowing out
« on: January 31, 2017, 12:58:22 AM »
Hi guys

I acquired my first nitro after flying electrics after 1.5 years. I purchased rails as per what everyone's mentioned on this forum. When doing a anticlockwise backwards flight circle at 12 o'clock I punch a half Piro into an inverted hurricane. It is only this move that the tail blows out. I am now running 115's but the vibes are terrible. My question is do I run 115s with low gain, or 105s with high gain?
Issues are
105 I can't trust as it blows out
115s have To run a real low gain and in hurricanes can see the tail drifting.
I know mat runs 105 and he flys the shit out of the n7. So clearly I'm doing something wrong here.
Setup is
Os105
Vbar
Neo
Gaui tail servo
Bk rest
Hs 1960
Byron 22.5
Pitch was at 13 now I've lowered down to 11.5 to test with 105 tails as maybe engine bogging not giving enough tail speed.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

One more thing are you guys running clunk or magnet

Cheers

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
Re: N7 105 tail blowing out
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 08:33:50 AM »
I would try a futaba or mks tail servo. I fly my N7s with 106mm tails and 14.5 degrees of collective and I cannot blow the tail out period. tail servos make all the difference in the world.

with the neo, tail gain is different now. the number you set is not really the exact gain. it has some sort of programming that senses for drift and also oscillation and it will change the overall gain. so when tuning the tail on the neo now, we use the expert menu, because that is a concrete number that doesn't change on its own.

116mm tails should be perfectly fine too, maybe 5 lower on the p gain than the 106mm blades and they should be perfect.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Gabriel Sandoval

• Field Representative
  • If your not crashin' your not trying hard enough..
    • Midwest Heli Boyz
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 11:40:54 AM »
I agree with Mike I am running JR NXB89G tail servos and have yet to blow out the tail in any move that I can do. I run 14.5 degrees of pitch as well and no problems so far. I would try a higher quality tail servo as Mike suggested.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 12:23:05 PM by Gabriel Sandoval »
Team Synergy
Team Scorpion
Team Dee Force Aviation
Team YS Performance USA
Looking for a fuel Sponsor

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 02:05:31 PM »
just noticed the last question too, sorry about that. run the lynx weighted clunk. the fuel magnet I didn't like, it floated too much and didn't last long. I have had lynx clunks last 2 seasons.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Gabriel Sandoval

• Field Representative
  • If your not crashin' your not trying hard enough..
    • Midwest Heli Boyz
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 09:49:19 PM »
The Lynx M.O.A.S. clunk in either Version 1 or 2 will fit the bill. The V2 model is weighted but I have both being currently used V1 in the N5c and V2 in my N7 both will suck the tank dry but the V1 seems to float in the fuel and the V2 sinks. I have not noticed a difference between the two. I also run the Lynx fuel tubing which is super flexible.
Team Synergy
Team Scorpion
Team Dee Force Aviation
Team YS Performance USA
Looking for a fuel Sponsor

Offline Down under n7

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 07:41:08 PM »
Hi Guys

Thanks for the responses. My Guai tail servo was faulty which i have replaced and have not had an issue since.

Offline Richard Rollins

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 07:37:55 AM »
Glad you got it sorted !!! Have fun with the N7.
Rick
Team Synergy Team Rails, Team Scorpion