Synergy Electric Helicopters > Synergy E7SE

A little looseness in the head

(1/3) > >>

groundzero:
I have been doing some winter tune up maintenance on my E7SE and noticed that the head seemed a little more loose than normal.  I know that Chris Sexton says the tail thrust bearings should be a little loose since they will load up when the head spins up to speed.  I am wondering if the same applies to the head.  It is not that loose and would only take shim or so to make it where there is no play in it but also no binding.  The heli is just so bullet proof that I have never really had to purposely replace anything except for one minimal damage ground strike.  I do replace a few key items just for my own peace of mind even though I am sure that I do not need to.  What I am trying to say is when you pull the blade grips apart is it acceptable to have a small amount of play just like you expect from the tail.  Thanks...

cml001:
The head shouldn't be loose.. could be time to replace the dampeners.

groundzero:
I have a new set of TrueBlood dampers that I just installed.  I have double checked all the bearings, thrust bearings, shims and they are all there.  It just feels like there should be just one more thin shim.  I thought that when I built it that it was just right, no slop and not too tight.  I will check it again...  Thanks.

Danny Dugger:
Make sure there's no loctite caked on the ends of the head axle. If it gets built up it can cause issues like you're describing.

groundzero:
I just went ahead and replaced everything in the head and replaced the dampers with the synergy ones and it fits like a glove.  Absolutely no slop whatsoever in any direction.  It wasn't that much to begin with but more than I liked.  Now it gives the impression that it was engineered perfect and is smooth as silk....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version