March 28, 2024, 06:28:47 PM

Author Topic: Anyone running brain2 HD on their N5C?  (Read 3287 times)

Offline mattbeau

Anyone running brain2 HD on their N5C?
« on: April 10, 2017, 01:13:25 AM »
So all of my other helis run brain and it's something I'm pretty comfortable with. I got a baverian demon for my 600n but that's been retired and I'm building my N5C. I'm thinking of going with a brain2 Hd because it's so much easier for me to setup plus it has a built.in governor. My concern is with vibration from the motor.

Anyone else running brain? and does it perform as well as the baverian demon as it concerns vibration.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
Re: Anyone running brain2 HD on their N5C?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 05:09:43 AM »
You might also look at the Bavarian Demon Axon. It has a Gov. I am slowly converting from the 3SX to the Axons.

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Helilids RC

Offline D22597

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 05:09:50 AM »
Works great for me. Using the align sensor, futaba mounting tape and Milton mod. Rescue wasn't consistent until I used the softer futaba tape. I added the Milton because the unit is tall and little top heavy for the soft tape. Feels much more locked in and rescue is very reliable. The system is way simple and clean if you run all HV servos. It comes with the power switch and designed to fail open/on position.  Couldn't be happier with the setup!

Offline mattbeau

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 10:10:52 AM »
Works great for me. Using the align sensor, futaba mounting tape and Milton mod. Rescue wasn't consistent until I used the softer futaba tape. I added the Milton because the unit is tall and little top heavy for the soft tape. Feels much more locked in and rescue is very reliable. The system is way simple and clean if you run all HV servos. It comes with the power switch and designed to fail open/on position.  Couldn't be happier with the setup!

Thank you. Yep. I really like the idea of going all HV I had a disconnect with my trex 600 but that's how I ended up with a synergy. Thanks for your feed back. I haven't had to use rescue in a while on my other helis but it's nice to have that's for sure

Offline D22597

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 05:57:47 PM »

Thank you. Yep. I really like the idea of going all HV I had a disconnect with my trex 600 but that's how I ended up with a synergy. Thanks for your feed back. I haven't had to use rescue in a while on my other helis but it's nice to have that's for sure

Np!  Logging is amazing on the new version.  Logs flight data, vibration and critical events. Governor works great too.  Total electronics include fbl, servos, sats, igniter, rpm sensor and 2500 2s lipo. That's it!

Offline mattbeau

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 09:17:54 PM »
Ok I've got one coming in :)

Offline jayster10

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 10:26:11 AM »
I run a BD 3SX on my N5C. Works like a champ. I am looking for another one if anyone has one to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mattbeau

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 11:42:42 PM »
Ok here is my next question. Do I need to power my futaba reciever with a Y connection from the battery or is it ok to plug it off of the brain HD2?

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 11:47:56 AM »
Just plug your rx into the Brain, the HD power bus supplies plenty of current for everything. I would still use a little 3m tape or hot glue to secure the HD connector since its in a nitro.

Offline mattbeau

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 02:34:48 PM »
Thank you! Will do. I can't wait to get this thing in the air.

Offline mattbeau

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 12:28:26 PM »
Alright. Just a note. The brain HD doesn't provide enough power for a switch glow on aux 2. I ended up using channel 9 from my r3008sb to get it to work right.
She runs, Yay.

I accidently stripped my throttle servo in the process so I'm now waiting on a gear set for that.

Otherwise, hopefully will be maidenening next weekend.

Offline D22597

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 08:41:45 PM »
Hmm.. I'm running switch glow pro off aux2 no problem. How are you powering the FBL and rx?

Offline mattbeau

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 10:04:32 AM »
Power is going straight from battery to IKON HD, SBus receiver is powered by the IKon. Switch glow is now powered by the receiver. You know what. Your right, it doesn't make sense.

Offline mattbeau

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 05:44:12 PM »
Well she flew perfectly! The Milton mod worked great. I just putted around since I'm still breaking the motor in. I put 3 tanks though mine today! Successful maiden!

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2017, 11:02:40 PM »
Congrats!  8)
Rodney

Team Synergy