March 28, 2024, 07:16:01 PM

Author Topic: lipo for ikon  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
lipo for ikon
« on: May 18, 2017, 07:49:38 AM »
Are you guys running a separate battery for the fbl system. I have a 7.4 lipo to power my new hd IKON. I had ordered a new cc bec pro but it will not let me change voltage, I to send back. The new hd IKON has nice heavy wires going there new power plug. I'm running all BK servo, have them in all of my other ships with no problems at all. Thanks Cliff
Cliff

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
Re: lipo for ikon
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 08:42:41 AM »
The HD version is pretty bulky and may not fit well in helicopters with limited room.  I'm not sure what added benefit it provides compared to the regular non-HD version for our size helicopters.  My guess is the HD version is better suited for large scale birds powering many electronics beyond what we use on 3D birds?    It should fit fine on virtually all current Synergy helis, but may be a tight fit for smaller helicopters or helicopters with tight fitting fuselages.

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:34:10 AM »
mine is not much bigger then the standard one, lots of room in the 766
Cliff

Offline Baedarlboo

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 01:14:35 PM »
The HD's are just taller to accommodate the power bus plug.  It's convenient for nitros and gassers to just plug up a flight pack and go.  Same deal if you're using 2s lipos for your electronics on E-helis. Makes wiring easier as you don't need Y-harnesses or use up all your free ports for a BEC connection.

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 02:57:05 PM »
I use a Pulse 3600mah 2s RX pack on mine.  I run a servo wire extension lead from my FBL unit up to the front of the of the heli.  The pack is mounted to the top front of my battery tray. So once I slide in the tray, it's right there & I can jst plug in. Same setup on most of my birds. Here's a shot of my 766 & E7SE. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:00:13 PM by cml001 »
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline Grimmy

• Field Representative
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 06:25:03 PM »
I use a Pulse 3600mah 2s RX pack on mine.  I run a servo wire extension lead from my FBL unit up to the front of the of the heli.  The pack is mounted to the top front of my battery tray. So once I slide in the tray, it's right there & I can jst plug in. Same setup on most of my birds. Here's a shot of my 766 & E7SE. Hope this helps.

I run the same setup, with the same lipo, and am very happy with it.  It lasts quite a few flights too.