March 28, 2024, 04:15:37 AM

Author Topic: 766 Question  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Kandy04

766 Question
« on: August 02, 2017, 11:56:01 AM »
Hi, I am building my 766 Gas conversion from a new Synergy short kit. I have a question on the the greasing.

What grease is recommended for the the thrust bearings? I also see a port for greasing them after assembly....but I would imagine they should be greased during as well?

I must say I would prefer if a little less pre-assembly was done. I'm not sure why manufacturers do this...but I prefer to build the whole thing as opposed to having to take things apart and then put them back together.

Thanks for the help!

Kandace

Offline Grimmy

• Field Representative
Re: 766 Question
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 12:57:47 PM »
I use Boto-Lube for all my bearings.  I'd post a link, but Matt's store is closed for IRCHA.

The assembly of parts is to ensure everything is there and the fit is good.  I like disassembly so I know how it comes out, rather then trying to assemble and get the right stuff from a bag.

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: 766 Question
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 05:17:55 PM »
Hi, I am building my 766 Gas conversion from a new Synergy short kit. I have a question on the the greasing.

What grease is recommended for the the thrust bearings? I also see a port for greasing them after assembly....but I would imagine they should be greased during as well?

I must say I would prefer if a little less pre-assembly was done. I'm not sure why manufacturers do this...but I prefer to build the whole thing as opposed to having to take things apart and then put them back together.

Thanks for the help!

Kandace

They are pre-assembled to check for initial fit and also to verify correct part count.
Rodney

Team Synergy