April 19, 2024, 09:40:03 AM

Author Topic: 3 blade sets  (Read 4149 times)

Offline Thunder Fighter

3 blade sets
« on: May 02, 2015, 03:13:34 AM »
I'm wondering if there is enough demand for some 3 blade matched Rail sets, specifically the 716 and new 716 F3C blades. I have a 3 blade setup on the Goblin I use for F3C competition flying and it would be nice to try the F3C blades on it without trying to match up a set myself and being left with a spare blade.

There are quite a few 3 blades heads being sold and developed now so even if Matt isn't developing one himself I think there would be demand as people are looking for 3 blade set options. I can't see it would take much effort, in fact it may make it easier during the matching process if they have the option of matching 2 or 3 blade sets.

//Dennis.
Team ARKRC

Offline Thunder Fighter

Re: 3 blade sets
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 03:39:59 AM »
I had my first flights with the 716 F3C blades yesterday on my 2 bladed 700 and was very impressed. Great blades, would love to try them on my 3 blade setup.

//Dennis.
Team ARKRC

Offline okanor

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 11:19:40 PM »
I would also like to see the 716 F3C Blades in a 3 blade option. Oh and a 3 blade Synergy head would be great to go with it!
Low and Slow

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 03:46:59 PM »
BE very cool
Cliff

Offline Thunder Fighter

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 09:44:25 PM »
I have ended up getting a used set of 716 F3C's to go with my existing set. Looks like I will need to add almost a gram to the light blade to bring it up to the heavier pair. :( Not ideal but I have some lead golf club tape that should let me balance them up. C.G. is pretty close on the two pairs so hopefully it will work out all right.

Pity Matt hasn't looked at this as there are also guys out there looking for 3 blade sets for their KSE Goblins and the 696 Rails in a triple set would probably be an option for many.

//Dennis.
Team ARKRC

Offline Robert "Full" Montee

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 11:35:34 PM »
Interesting thing I noticed at NATS this year with three blade sets. Some of the pilots were testing three blade sets where the blade chord was much less than we usually see with current two blade sets.
Robert "Full" Montee
Team Synergy / Team Futaba
https://robertstechlib.blogspot.com

Offline colemn615

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 07:03:29 PM »
I would be more interested in a 3 blade tail setup.

Offline 10x

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 10:56:50 AM »
Any more progress on the 3blade tail sets?

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 07:57:47 AM »
a true 3 blade set has completely different span and chord CG requirements to perform properly. they are much lighter too. simply matching up blades that were designed as 2 blade sets wont perform. they will fly, but they wont perform. I have been testing 3 blade setups on the E7SE for several months. now that helix blades are gone, there are no good blades left (I haven't tried aligns 3 blade set yet). I actually just disassembled the 3 blade setup and sold it yesterday. it is fun, feels great, flys differently (in a good way), but the lack of decent blades has made me back off of the project.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Rob Cherry

• Factory Pilot
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 11:12:28 AM »
Spano hit the nail on this one! Traditional blades simply matched into 3 blade set isn't optimal at all. Matt isn't going to do anything "Half-assed" just to bring something to market quickly. He'll do it right which requires a heavy investment of resources.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Synergy Factory Pilot

Offline Gabriel Sandoval

• Field Representative
  • If your not crashin' your not trying hard enough..
    • Midwest Heli Boyz
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 05:33:19 PM »
I have a 3 blade head on my 450 and the blades it uses are 325mm real narrow and light blades. they work though because that thing is insane on 6s and now only runs 4s for power.
Team Synergy
Team Scorpion
Team Dee Force Aviation
Team YS Performance USA
Looking for a fuel Sponsor

Offline Thunder Fighter

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 08:29:28 AM »
Yep, I started this thread and have to agree, after trying the 716 blades on a 3 blade head they are very average. You guys are correct the blades need to be redesigned to work properly.

The tails on the other hand worked very well, I matched up a set of 116 rails and they were great on the 3 bladed tail I was running.

//Dennis.
Team ARKRC