April 24, 2024, 01:01:44 PM

Author Topic: 516 Vertical Head Slop Question  (Read 727 times)

Offline sawacs

516 Vertical Head Slop Question
« on: March 12, 2019, 10:23:36 PM »
I was going over the heli today making sure everything checked out before the test flight and noticed there was a small amount of vertical slop between the lower main shaft bearing block and the top portion of the main gear assembly.

Is this anything to worry about?  If I hold the bottom of the heli, grip the main head and pull upward then push downward, I can see the main gear move up and down ever so slightly.

Thanks!

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
Re: 516 Vertical Head Slop Question
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 11:10:58 PM »
Have you checked to be sure the 0.25mm shim between the lower bearing block and main gear is in place?
Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Helilids RC

Offline sawacs

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 11:39:55 PM »
Alan, thank you for the reply.

If you are referring to the little gold colored 10x12x0.25mm shim (page 17 of the manual) placed between the top of the lower bearing block and the bottom of the main tail belt pulley then yes, that shim is in place along with the two auto hub delrin shims.

I went back and pulled up and pushed down on the main gear and there is definitely up and down play there which could also explain the issue.  Maybe I need to find another small shim that would fit between the bottom of the middle main shaft bearing block and the top of the main gear?

Thanks,

Shawn
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:44:39 PM by sawacs »

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:26:34 PM »
Yes. That’s the one. If a second shim may be helpful if there is enough of a gap. If it’s less than the stock shim I would not be worried about it.
Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Helilids RC