April 18, 2024, 07:57:14 PM

Author Topic: Synergy E5 CC Talon 120 hv  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Helikid42

Synergy E5 CC Talon 120 hv
« on: September 21, 2017, 07:49:46 PM »
I see that there are two leads that need to be connected to the receiver on this Talon 120. If I am correct, one is for the throttle port on receiver, and the red and black is for the bec to the receiver. Is this correct? Also, what receiver port for the bec lead? Thank you all for your support on this topic.

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
Re: Synergy E5 CC Talon 120 hv
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 08:37:34 PM »
I have never seen a CC Talon 120 HV ESC, but I assume it has a 3-wire lead (orange/red/brown) and a 2-wire lead (red/brown).  If that is the case, the 2-wire lead is purely for BEC power, and the 3-wire lead does both BEC power and provides throttle signal via the orange wire (white for other ESCs).  You generally connect the 3-wire lead to the throttle port of the FBL unit.  Then you connect the 2-wire lead to an empty port on the FBL unit that can accept power.  Since the servo-type connector leads can only handle around 5A, connecting both leads (the 3-wire lead and the 2-wire lead) to the power rail of the FBL unit allows for more current to flow into the system due to redundancy.  However, if for whatever reason you decide not to use the Talon's internal BEC, you would have to remove the red wire from the 3-wire lead and not connect the 2-wire lead.