April 26, 2024, 03:33:11 PM

Author Topic: Clutch issues maybe? Help please!  (Read 1546 times)

Offline ktmdiesel

Clutch issues maybe? Help please!
« on: October 01, 2017, 12:39:39 AM »
Today I had my throttle stick almost wide open for a solid 30 seconds or so. Now when taking off I have a really bad head jitter. It's like the head is twitching up and down violently but not consistently. At first i figured it was a setting in the fbl but now I'm wondering if this could be a sign of clutch damage? Any input is appreciated. Is this why there is an XL clutch upgrade perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: Clutch issues maybe? Help please!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 08:13:36 AM »
No, that wasn’t a lead to the XL design...can u elaborate  on what’s goin on a bit more.. u had the throttle wide open for 30 and it did what? Is the liner in good condition?
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline ktmdiesel

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 08:23:10 AM »
So it went wide open and i had no control. I thought for sure the motor was going to sit there till it popped. Eventually I regained control and shut it down somehow... anyways I fired it back up after checking all controls again and now it starts to twitch as I spool up. I can take off but it is the twitch is way to bad to fly around. It's like a collective pitch jitter making it jump up snd down a couple inches. Almost like the clutch is slipping or the fbl is picking up major vibes now. Seems so weird

Offline Richard Rollins

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 11:58:11 AM »
You definitely need to take the clutch/Bell assembly off and check the liner and clutch. This has nothing to do with the upgrade to the XL clutch its just a normal check after a hot start.
Rick
Team Synergy Team Rails, Team Scorpion

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 12:20:12 PM »
When it went wide open, were you holding onto the blades and the clutch was spinning but not the main shaft?
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline ktmdiesel

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 12:51:04 PM »
No Rodney i was spooling up and lost signal it seemed like. It sat on the ground wide open. It was scary

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 02:56:31 PM »
If it went wide open, instantly, there is probably damage to the clutch and possibly the engine. I would definitely disassemble the clutch stack and engine to thoroughly check it out.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline ktmdiesel

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 10:28:29 AM »
So far I have found that my brass spacer was broke free. Could this be the cause of it? I won't have time to fly for the next 8 days or I would just go try it

Offline Ben Kerr

• Field Representative
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 01:32:41 PM »
If your heli was full throttle and the blades were spinning I doubt it damaged the clutch. If it was spinning with no load, take the engine apart and check that nothing inside was damaged, bent rod or scored piston for example. If it was in a negative collective situation I would take the head apart and make sure the spindle and bearings aren't damaged.

Honestly if your heli lost signal and is now acting up I would be ripping it apart looking for a chafed wire or anything that could cause in interruption in the electrical components before I tried flying it again. You might find this is nothing more than an electrical gremlin causing problems.
Team Synergy / Rail Blades / Scorpion Power Systems/Thunder Power

Offline ktmdiesel

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 01:45:56 PM »
I am pulling it apart. I also found the rear bearing in my os105 to not be 100% smooth. It did go into negative once I regained control so it did have lots of pressure on it until the motor spooled down after another 5 or 10 seconds

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 08:30:09 AM »
+1 to Ben. It sounds like you have a short somewhere making your FBL go crazy.

Offline ktmdiesel

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 07:04:00 AM »
It's getting rewired and basically built this winter. I'll get to the bottom of this