Synergy Nitro Helicopters > Synergy N5 / N5c

Soon to be N5C pilot - few questions

(1/8) > >>

R6Pilot:
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions that I cannot figure out after doing quite a few searches and reviewing the forum(s). 

about me - I fly Spectrum, Dx7, old, I mean old.  Bought it in '07.  It works and I would rather have an N5C than a new radio.  I do sport and mild 3D but always simming and trying to improve.     

While technically I am not an N5C owner, I have sold my X5 to fund the new build.  I am also selling my 450L and a spare AR7200bx to fund the Synergy.  I told the wife I am keeping the Protos 380 and the N5C once it arrives and thats all the heli's I need.  (although we all know thats less than truthful)   

I just placed my order for the OS55HZ-R and pipe from RC Japan.  I ordered the Funtech B323, I have read one or two reviews where people have commented that they really like it.  Does anyone currently run the FT pipe and if so, what do you think?

The other question is regarding the Centerglide bushing.  My plan is to send the motor in once it arrives(wont get the N5C kit til Jan) to get that done but I cannot find any contact info regarding this.  I checked out the Magnum website and didnt find any info.  How does one go about doing that?  Is there a number I need to call or or link? 

On the subject of motor bearings, I am not 100% up to speed on nitro.  I built a Raptor 50 way back in the day with the Redline motor but only flew it(hovered) a few times before I sold it and left the hobby for a bit due to life.  How often do the bearings need to be changed?  I have read a few times a season, 1 a season?  I fly almost every day on the sim, and maybe once a week or so during the spring/summer/fall. 

I have seen Matts video on balancing the fan for the 105 I believe.  Does this apply to the 55 as well?  Should I invest in the Dubro prop balancer or is it not a concern for the smaller motor?

Regarding gov sensor, it sounds like magnet is the best.  Would the align Beastx plus sensor work?  Is there a plug and play magnetic sensor that fits the N5C?  Or, does the backplate sensor be the best route? 

I plan on running HV system.  KST BLS815 cyclics, BLS805X for tail and not sure about throttle.  DS589MG?  I see the JR 3717 is discontinued, which I understood was the "go to" throttle servo for many people.  Any suggestions on throttle servos that fit and perform great?  Does anyone have any experience with the KST servos I have considered? 

If you have made it to here, I sincerely thank you.  I apologize for the very long rambling post but I want all my ducks in a row when the kit arrives.  I cant sleep at nite because I am thinking of this heli.  I am looking forward to the build in the cold/wet months ahead and plan on having the motor broken in when the first few sunny days of spring arrive.  For those of you who also offer suggestions, wisdom, I cannot thank you enough. 

Thanks again, Dave

Chris Sexton:
Welcome to the synergy family!

Funtech is a great pipe. You’ll do well with it.

Center glide is nice but I never personally did it.

Yes balance the fan/hub and clutch bell.

Use a good HV throttle servo. It’s imperative for proper gov performance.

Never used that gov sensor. I always used the align magnetic sensor with ikon vbar and neo.

No experience with KST servos.

Hope this helps!  Ask plenty of questions. We are here to help. Plenty of active synergy owners here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon Yarger:
I've bought three used engines with Center Glide bearings. I've had issues with all three. Removing the Center Glide fixed my issues every time. I know some people have good luck with them though. I would run the engine with the standard bearing until it fails. Then decide if you need to go to a Center Glide. You will love the n5c. It's a very fun heli.

Rodney Kirstine:
Welcome! I agree with Chris and Jon on the engine bearing thing.  You might as well run it stock at first and you can always decide to go to the centerglide later if you want.  I have not used one in any of my engines so I don't really have an opinion positive or negative about them.  I do know for a fact that the OS 55 will run great, stock out of the box, though.  I have a Funtech B320 pipe that I run on mine and it's been really easy to tune with. 

R6Pilot:
Thank you all for the responses.  Good info.  Sounds like centerglide is not necessary at the moment.  I'll skip it for now and just run it.

Will any good quality mini tail servo work for throttle?  I'm only concerned about fitment.  I understand it needs to be fast, at least faster than the cyclics. 

Any recommendations on a starter?  Something that won't break there bank but works well? 

Thanks again, Dave.  I know I'll have plenty more questions. 

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version