March 28, 2024, 06:52:44 AM

Author Topic: Soon to be N5C pilot - few questions  (Read 6744 times)

Offline Damper

Re: Soon to be N5C pilot - few questions
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2018, 01:19:36 PM »
You started your build  :).

I got my cranked up but had a mechanical difficulty. I put the auto hub in upside down. Easy fix after asking for support from the guys from here. I crank her up again seems all good and acting properly .

Still need to go to the field and test fly her and trim it out. Perhaps this weekend, weather permiting.

I think I should have stay with my DX7se radio myself it is easier to understand but the MZ 24 pro is coming along, it is easier to navigate around in being that I am using it more.

Have fun in your build!

It is all about ground clearance

Offline R6Pilot

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2018, 09:56:42 AM »
Now that Synergy is coming out with the N556, what's the plan for the N5C? 

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline R6Pilot

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 02:39:18 PM »
Another question.  I'm setting up ikon now.  I have the Align Beast X gov sensor.  I connected the JST plug to it and hooked to Ikon.  While setting up in software, it does not show magnet detected.  I'm 100% positive I installed magnets correctly.  Stuck wm together and sharpied the outsides to determine polarity.  I checked the box for not electric and still nothing.  I also switched the wires, reversing the red and black and still no magnet detected.  Any ideas why my Ikon is not picking up the magnet?  Thanks Dave

Edit just tried all possible connections from the jst plug to the sensor and still does not sense magnet.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:58:27 PM by R6Pilot »

Offline R6Pilot

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 05:46:21 PM »
Disregard, I got it to work.

Offline Damper

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2018, 09:19:45 PM »

No choice but to buy one now. Probably a winter project, late August.

Offline R6Pilot

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2018, 10:11:58 PM »

No choice but to buy one now. Probably a winter project, late August.
Maybe, if anything I think my next build will be the N7 or the 516.  Damn the 516 looks amazing. 

I have everything together. Tail/boom parts have been taken apart, screws cleaned and loctited.  Haven't mounted yet as it's just easier to work on without the tail.  I have some wire sleeving arriving tomorrow.  Once I get those installed, I'll begin the electronics set up.  Model is already created in the ancient DX7 and basics programmed to the ikon.  Been a nice slow build.  I'm excited to fly her but I'll really miss the build. 

Offline Damper

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2018, 11:01:10 PM »
That be sweet an N7 build. :) I have raptor 60 but I was scared to plant it that it only flew

casual circuits and a few autos. Very conservative with that bird not to wreck it.

The build is very soothing to do almost therapeutic in a sense. But going out and flying what

you build puts a smile  ;D on my face . Very satisfying . Just love it when you are hovering and

She is rock steady. RPM’s pumped up a little gets your heart racing in early morning spring day.