January 18, 2018, 09:44:19 AM

Author Topic: It is Official  (Read 244 times)

Offline Roger

It is Official
« on: December 14, 2017, 12:00:59 PM »
I am very excited to say that I now own a 766.  Funds have been transferred and I now eagerly await the arrival of my new to me Heli.  It is orange with a tail boom cover.  It also comes with motor and speed control.  I need to buy a set of servos for it.  I have a NEO and Battery ID and UI that I can put on it.  I will be putting Xpert servos on it.  I also need to decide which brand of battery to go with for this machine. 

I have been debating the purchase since the machine was introduced.  I am very happy one is on its way.

ROG
ROG
Retired Old Guy

Offline Grimmy

Re: It is Official
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 06:58:49 PM »
Gratz Roger!  It's a great flying model, that's very versatile.

I liked it so well, I got a second one....but not stretching it....as I no longer have a 700....766 and 806.  8)

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 09:34:55 AM »
Nice!
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 05:08:21 PM »
Congrats!
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Chris Olson

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 06:22:31 PM »
Congrats Roger! It's Christmas and I needed a present so mine will be here on Friday. I got a Carey Shurley gas conversion coming for mine, though, with a VX310.

Offline Roger

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 01:06:09 AM »
Nice Chris.  I would be interested in how the conversion goes together. 

ROG
ROG
Retired Old Guy

Offline exiged

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 06:20:10 AM »
Good man!. I should have had one by now too but life and buying a car got in the way. Im back on the hunt now though!

Offline Chris Olson

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 01:14:09 PM »
Nice Chris.  I would be interested in how the conversion goes together. 

ROG

I'll post some photos of the build, Rog. Matt has a gasser, and a few other folks have them. But I guess I haven't seen any real build threads on a 766 yet. Despite the cost of the conversion kit, I think it will come in cheaper than an electric build with batteries factored in. And the performance is almost nitro level with the Toxic VX320TT under the hood. I got the Toxic VX310 Sports engine for mine because I plan on using it for UAV and didn't really want the "hot" port timing of the TT engines.

From all reports, and talking with Carey and Matt directly about what I wanted, the gasser conversion is pretty straight forward.

Offline Roger

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 11:21:31 AM »
My new to me 766 has arrived.  I am checking it out now and putting it back together as I go.  I have the head assembly mounted and secured.  This machine is huge.  I thought my N7 was big......the 766 is BBBBIIIIIGGGGGGG!

I think I am going to like this machine a lot.

ROG
ROG
Retired Old Guy