March 29, 2024, 08:44:53 AM

Author Topic: Tail bearing ring ball joint concern  (Read 1440 times)

Offline R6Pilot

Tail bearing ring ball joint concern
« on: April 21, 2018, 05:49:04 PM »
Hello all,

My N5C is up and running.  Love this heli.  I've got almost a gallon through it and I'm dialing in the tune.  Just in time for summer in the Pacific Northwest! 

I do have a concern, the 115-319 Tail Bearing Ring pivot ball has come loose twice.  I glued as per instructions using MED CA.  I ended up using a 5 min epoxy that seems to be holding.  Anyone else have this issue, if so, what was your solution? 

Thanks Dave

Thanks Dave

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline Damper

Re: Tail bearing ring ball joint concern
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 12:10:59 PM »
I went to check mine, no sign of coming loose. These types of situation I would have done the same and buy a new assembly, in this case a tail pivot ring and pivot ball on the tail slider ring, for peace of mind.  If the ball came loose again and putting 5 min Epoxy, it should not , I replace since I have the parts.

It is all about ground clearance

Offline R6Pilot

Re: Tail bearing ring ball joint concern
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 04:09:37 PM »
I went to check mine, no sign of coming loose. These types of situation I would have done the same and buy a new assembly, in this case a tail pivot ring and pivot ball on the tail slider ring, for peace of mind.  If the ball came loose again and putting 5 min Epoxy, it should not , I replace since I have the parts.
Good to hear that yours isn't.  I must have stripped it some how.  I think I'll put a touch more epoxy on it overnight before I head to field.  A buddy of mine checked his after I told him my issue and his was loose as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk