April 23, 2024, 07:39:47 AM

Author Topic: Synergy Design Theft  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
Synergy Design Theft
« on: January 10, 2020, 03:32:51 PM »
I’m going to clear the air for everyone concerning the recent questions and speculation between Synergy, Yintech, Tron, and the TG520. When I first took over Synergy from Todd Bennett, I was in search of a high quality, small machine shop with high moral standards. I found a shop in China that used to make a small amount of parts for the N9 way back in 2006. I offered them the Synergy project with really good pricing (higher than any other China cnc shop) and they accepted. Shortly after our agreement, I helped him rename the company “Yintech” and even created the logo for them. A few years later after much success manufacturing my designs they moved into a new facility and bought many new cnc machines. Everything went well for another few years but around 2014 the market dropped by around 50%. Yintech over extended their business and was in search of additional business to make up for the decline. Without my permission, they used my 516 design to partner with an investor to make the TG520. I initially thought this was a clone but after investigating found that it was my own cnc shop that had betrayed me. Words were exchanged and we moved on. This brings us to the present Tron 5.5 situation where there are indeed some parts from my designs which I did not authorize and I will likely not receive any compensation. We are talking months of design time and over a year of testing for each model. Now you tell me, is this acceptable for a CNC shop to essentially sell your hard work to another customer? Over the years I’ve had numerous offers from many different CNC shops to manufacture Synergy parts at better pricing. I chose to stay with Yintech because I am a loyal person. I have not yet decided what to do about this situation but since the start of the debacle I’ve had three machines shops approach me asking for the work. I can tell you this, I am not happy and I am very motivated by anger. Ask yourself this question before buying anything in this industry....Do you really want to support a company with this low of moral standard in business ethics? Operating with low moral standards can never last.

Synergy 2020!!!

Offline Wolf51

Re: Synergy Design Theft
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 03:46:20 PM »
Matt, I'm seriously pissed off on your behalf, beyond that no polite way to post my thoughts on the subject. Enough said that its been necessary for you to bring this to the attention of the synergy family and rc community.
 I hope, whatever course you decide will bring resolution of the current situation and allow you to move forward confident for the future for you, Amy and Synergy RC.

Synergy is home, I'll never own a clone!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline M.Schmavs

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 10:16:31 PM »
I was talking with MKS Servo earlier today and he told me about this just popping up over the phone. I looked it up and have been following ever since.

Just want to say, as a business owner myself, nothing is more important to me than integrity. I've had issues with dishonest vendors selling me knock-off parts using manufacturer part numbers. Imagine if your part numbers were ripped off too! I had to set up deals with the actual manufacturers to buy direct as much as I could.

Now I'm faced with fixing everything with the correct parts because, apparently, I'm the only one who has them. It's a whole mess, a ton of extra work but I will never give in and go cheap.

I stand with morals.

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 01:07:22 AM »
Very disheartening to hear this is happening. As you all know I support Matt and Synergy to the best of my ability. No clones or knockoff’s in my shop.
I have a feeling that even though this may be painful in the short haul Matt will prevail and end up in a much better situation in regards to production and ultimately loyalty.

Synergy 2020!

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Helilids RC