April 19, 2024, 12:53:29 PM

Author Topic: Loctite your bronze bushings!  (Read 10592 times)

flyalan

Re: Loctite your bronze bushings!
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 08:17:04 AM »
You can try both heat and cold and se if they will come out.  If that does not work I think you are good to go.  The red Loctite should not be needed if they are that tight. I would check them periodically though.

Cheers
Alan

Offline al_voisine

Heat & Cold Worked for Only one side
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 06:41:42 PM »
Thanks, Allan!

I put it in the freezer for about 45 minutes.  Then I hit it with the heat gun on the outside.  One of them fell right out.  The other one will not budge.  Tried twice.  Will give it another go in the AM.  If it won't come out then I will green Loctite the one that came out and consider it good to go.

Thanks again!

Al
E7se, HC3sx

flyalan

Loctite your bronze bushings!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 08:48:53 PM »
Thanks, Allan!

I put it in the freezer for about 45 minutes.  Then I hit it with the heat gun on the outside.  One of them fell right out.  The other one will not budge.  Tried twice.  Will give it another go in the AM.  If it won't come out then I will green Loctite the one that came out and consider it good to go.

Thanks again!

Al

Sounds good... Glad it partially worked :-)

Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 06:20:21 AM »
I know the green Loctite is a whicking type meaning it will seep in between the hub and the bushing. If the bushing seems like it won't come out, you would be better off to lay it on the table bushing up and put a small drip on the rim of the bushing and the hub. Use your finger to spread the SMALL drip around the circle and leave it to set for a hour or two and Bamm! Keep in mind when removing this and any part with Loctite on it for that matter you must use heat.  Especially with the green and red.  These two compounds will hold tight, but a good amount of heat and both will come loose as easy as a non treated thread.

Jon Mills

Offline kosmik

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 06:29:09 PM »
Hi there

Just bought a e7se and assembling it together right now. i'm now on the main gear assembly, as i take it apart i see that there is a Delrin Shim missing, i have only one. according to the manual there should be two Delrin Shims. are both shims necessary or does it work with one as well?

thank you for your support.

marlon

Offline Fasster

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 07:29:26 PM »
you need both , i know this may sound silly , but make sure its not stuck to the main gear or possibly dropped on the floor  , i lost mine for a minute or 2 ,  was stuck to the main gear   :)

Offline kosmik

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 02:22:27 AM »
Hi Fasster thanks for your reply, unfortunately i didn't drop nor its stuck in the gear, i checked it already a few times but only one was packed. anyway i think i'll hv to inform my dealer where i bought it from.
thank you

Offline helimike

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 08:53:01 AM »
My kit had 1 missing as well.  Luckily my dealer (King Kong Hobby - a great place to do business with by the way) had them in stock!