April 26, 2024, 04:36:12 PM

Author Topic: Futaba Request for Matt  (Read 8148 times)

Offline beans07

Futaba Request for Matt
« on: July 05, 2012, 12:44:50 AM »
Hi Matt, if you have any input (or any other sponsored guys here) for suggestions/improvements to Futaba can you please please ask them very nicely to have a proper throttle activated timer on the 8FG radio. One that turns on and off above a certain adjustable throttle %.

I know there is stick position timers and others but none are the output % of throttle type. There are threads in various forums about it and I posted the request on Futaba Facebook and never got a reply from them.

It is one of the only things I miss about my DX8. (telemetry and BNF helis and planks the others).

Offline litespeed

• Field Representative
Re: Futaba Request for Matt
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 04:54:24 AM »
Are you sure that throttle hold won't work for you? I don't use a "normal" on any flight mode meaning that when I switch off out of throttle hold regardless of stick position the motor starts running. So throttle hold switches my timer on and off. Throttle hold off = motor and timer running & throttle hold on = motor and timer off!

Nitro or electric does not matter.

There is a throttle percentage on/off for the timer it just doesn't show a % number but involves stick position. That doesn't work for you?

Tom

Offline steffgiguere

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: Futaba Request for Matt
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 07:04:01 AM »
beans I don't understand what you are asking that is what I'm using on my Futaba 8FG, Timer on throttle stick, just set it on J3.
Team Synergy, Canada

Offline Kevin Dalrymple

• Field Representative
Futaba Request for Matt
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »
On the 8fg futaba uses stick position over throttle position as you can change the throttle position in the throttle curve.

My 8fg is set up so when I moved throttle above 40% the trimmer starts it stops when throttle hold is on and comes on again when over 40%. And stays on in the idle ups. And set up is easy.
Synergy Field Rep
Rail Blades Field Rep

Offline beans07

Futaba Request for Matt
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 05:59:23 PM »
I don't want it as a stick position but as a throttle percentage output.

DX8 has this as does x9503.

When the throttle output is above a certain percentage the timer comes on regardless of stick position.

Eg

20% when I spool up in normal mode when the 20% throttle is reached the timer comes on, which would be a stick position when I have a linear 0-50-100 curve and when I lower bellow 20% throttle timer goes off. Hold being bellow 20% is also timer off. When in hold and I flick out of idle up the timer comes on and then off in hold.

I know people use other methods that are alright but IMO this is a better way to do it. There is a few page thread on HF with people wanting the same thing.

I am not certain but I think the 10 channel has this already implemented but was left out of the 8FG.

I see it as a basic firmware update.

I fly more nitro than electric. I always start and spool up in normal before flicking into flight mode.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 06:01:12 PM by beans07 »