May 10, 2024, 03:07:00 AM

Author Topic: Trouble with Elevator bell crank  (Read 2076 times)

Offline shails

Trouble with Elevator bell crank
« on: September 14, 2012, 06:13:55 AM »
Purchased a Synergy N5 kit. Always wanted a belt drive. Managed to probably get the last ones on the market. I believe from now all will be TT.

Seems I have trouble with Outside elevator bell crank (610-222). The threads of the pivot ball protrude on the rear of the elevator bell crank shaft. Now when I tighten the Button head screws of the bell crank shaft, the protruding threads touch the Main frame causing the lever to slightly jam.

Tried to work myself through this but cant find a solution. Can anyone please suggest what to do or what am I doing wrong here.

Offline Tommy Wagner

• Field Representative
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 10:02:36 AM »
Make sure that the bearing flanges are on the outside of the frame first.  There are also small washers that go on there If that is all correct take a 3 mm nut put it on to the pivot ball and just grind it down a little bit

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline shails

Re: Trouble with Elevator bell crank
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:18:08 AM »
The flanges are on the outside. That part is correctly installed. But I don't see any washers in the packet.

Offline Tommy Wagner

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 10:56:20 AM »
Mine were on the bolt side  and I just put them on the inside between the frame and the bell crank

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Scott Anderson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 03:20:52 AM »
I had the same issue with the correct install but the ball end threads that go though the bell crank contact the frame just enough to cause some binding.  Its perfectly OK to file the threads flush to the bell crank. All the parts have a +/- tolerance in manufacturing sometimes you can get a combination that requires an extra shim or filling the threads down.
Field Representative

Offline shails

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »
Yup, shaved some threads and I am good to go. Thanks everyone for the support. Almost ready for a maiden.