May 07, 2024, 02:06:32 PM

Author Topic: Ladson Renegade Rotor Club Funfly!! Charleston SC area Apr 5-6 2014  (Read 3535 times)

Offline KevinM

LRRC based on the outer skirt of Summerville SC (CharlestonSC) is going to host their first annual Heli Funfly April 5th and 6th 2014!! We havent been open a year yet and we're excited to provide a low key, all about fun event!!  Our field is within 5min of too many amentities to list, restaurants, hotels, and 20min from the famed historical Charleston!!

The event will be held on the 5th and 6th of April but if you would like to camp or bring your camper (currently no water and power hookups) please let us know well in advance so we make accommodations to open the field to you..something we're talking about is if folks want to show up a day or 2 in advance to tour Charleston before the event please contact us. I will provide a lot more info in the coming days in regard to hotels and restaurants in the local area of the field.

There will be a raffle but I dont want to disclose dollar amount until we nail down some contacts that may be able to donate prizes.  Being our first Funfly and a club on a small budget, prizes may be limited but again we just started contacting ppl so who knows how large it will get! :)

Lunch on Saturday will be included in the pilot landing fee

Again we're hoping to keep this event as low stress as possible and just provide a place to fly, socialize, relax like your flying in someones backyard and just have fun!!  Rules will be minimal but will not stray from AMA rules of safety and conduct! Current and valid AMA will be required to fly!

Heres the directions from our website..the website is a work in progress but the directions obviously wont change! :)
http://ladsonrenegaderotorclub.com/Directions.html

i'll have alot more info to come in the next few weeks in ref to landing fee, hotels and restaurants etc.

Hope to see you guys there!! Please PM me if you would like to attend and also to get a head count of how many we can expect!

Thanks!!
Kevin McGrady
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:15:40 PM by KevinM »

Offline copenhagen

Re: Ladson Renegade Rotor Club Funfly!! Charleston SC area Apr 5-6 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 11:17:06 AM »
Count me in- my brother lives in Chuck Town so I already have a place to stay.  See Ya'll there.

Offline KevinM

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 11:33:54 AM »
Awesome!! thank you!

Offline KevinM

Funflys in Comp
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 12:07:48 PM »
We learned that our event is, and I put this very loosely, in comp with the Sod Farm Breast Cancer Awarness event in Camden SC the same weekend. I knew their event was in April just not the dates.  Our club unknowingly voted on the event to be the same weekend.  Here's my honest thoughts...

If Breast Cancer has been in your family and you want to be a part of an extremely worthy cause then please do not hesitate to go to the Sod Farm event. Its certainly a large event and I know the folks personally who are putting it on, and they all are a very stand-up group of guys!  Our event next year will NOT be the same weekend as I too have a member of my family that suffered through breast cancer.  As small as our event will be it certainly wont be in competition with the SF event but if you should want to just be a part of a low key Heli only event then we would love to have you! :)

Next year we'll get our dates straight and do our very best to not conflict with such a worthy cause! :)

Thank you for reading,
Kevin McGrady
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:10:02 PM by KevinM »

flyalan

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 04:48:41 PM »
Wish Charleston wasn't such a haul.  Already been informed by my boss that no ETO will be allowed in April :-(

Good luck with the even Kevin!

Cheers

Alan

Offline KevinM

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 06:39:48 AM »
thanks Alan!! We're hoping this becomes an annual event. So theres always next year! :)

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 08:34:04 AM »
Well I just wanted to say that I am really excited about going to this event.  I have never actually flown with anybody before in real life other than myself of course.  I wouldn't worry too much about offending people.  My mother was a breast cancer survivor (double mastectomy) and ended up passing from brain cancer when she was 63.  I know she would want me to go out and enjoy my life in a good "clean" hobby.

Offline KevinM

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 08:21:36 PM »
We look forward to meeting you copehagen!

Offline KevinM

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 09:28:39 AM »
Cool we're looking forward to it! :)

Offline KevinM

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 06:49:51 AM »
One more day to the event!!! If you should want to drive over today please contact Daniel Tureac his number is on LadsonRenegadeRotorclub.com and he will be able to answer any questions you may have!

We're looking forward to this as it will be our first annual Heli event and we look forward to meeting anyone that wants to join us! Jason Spaulding will be camping on site tonight so again anyone wanting to drive down this evening and camp there will be someone there! :)

Kevin

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 02:32:36 PM »
I was hoping to attend as this will be my last weekend without performances until after Mother's Day, but the weather is keeping me at home.  Have fun and hope it will be dry.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline KevinM

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 06:27:50 PM »
Complete success, what an awesome time today!! Joe pleasure to meet you excellent flying! We will have to come visit you guys field! Copenhagen (seth) pleasure to meet you and no trouble at all to help you out! If u have any further questions ill do my best to help being that u don't have any immediate support in your area. We hope to have an 2nd annual so hopefully you guys will be able to return! :-)

KevinM