May 14, 2024, 07:08:53 PM

Author Topic: Cyclic Servo Mounting  (Read 707 times)

Offline sawacs

Cyclic Servo Mounting
« on: September 07, 2018, 11:52:52 AM »
In the manual, I am noticing the servos are shown being mounted without using the servo grommets.

The servos I am using are the MKS 9767's and the bolt that is used to mount the servo is substantially smaller than the hole in the servos.  Is it okay to use the grommets that come with the servo or just mount the servo cases directly to the aluminum mount?

Thanks!

Offline Al Tulone

• Field Representative
Re: Cyclic Servo Mounting
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 12:18:11 PM »
I mounted mine without grommets and it’s been perfectly fine.
Team Synergy
Thunder Power
MKS Servos
Vteam

Offline sawacs

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 01:28:56 PM »
Thank you for the reply...

I hope you understand why the question was asked.  There is a substantial amount of up and down along with side to side movement of the servos without some sort of centering mechanism such as the servo grommet.  My thinking is the length of the pushrods and geometry might be slightly different if each servo was not mounted in exactly the same position in relation to the mounting holes in the frame.

Thanks 

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:48:44 PM by sawacs »

Offline Wolf51

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 05:08:12 PM »
I made some bushes from scrap tube to take up the difference between servo mounting holes and bolts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline sawacs

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 11:47:24 PM »
I made some bushes from scrap tube to take up the difference between servo mounting holes and bolts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great idea..

After thinking about it for a bit, my two braincells came up with an idea.  I took the 9767 servo grommets and sliced the bottom half of the grommet off.  The grommets basically became an insert allowing the metal part of the servo to contact the frame while using the grommet to maintain the servo alignment.

Cheers!