May 03, 2024, 03:06:53 PM

Author Topic: Another maiden - Nitro number 2  (Read 1420 times)

Offline cyprusflyer

Another maiden - Nitro number 2
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:51:23 AM »
Well maybe the wrong way around after the N7 but N5 flew perfectly today, thanks Alan for the BD3SX file, flew right away so just the engine to tweek. Started first time, idle was about right and ran 5 tanks through it, leaning a little each time. Governor is off so used a mild curve that got the HS at about 1900 RPM.  In fact the Aerospire Multigov pro is setup for no Gov in normal and Idle up 1 and 2000 for IU2, so IU 1 is off the TX curve temporarily just a simple matter of changing the config once happy with tuning etc

Engine is OS 55HZ-R and tuning seems to have the same characteristics as the 105 HZ-R I had trouble with. Started with 2 turns on main, 1 on mid and hardly any response to the high needle tuning, down to 1 turn, so will try leaning the mid off a bit next time. Temperature around 60 Deg Centigrade so never got near the power band which will be ok for a bit more running in.

Kit was fine, clutch problem sorted out, just a minor point, I had 700 size boom support rods in there! I did glue them on but looked a bit silly then I compared them to my E7 and same size. So here is a tip, you can carefully drill the CF out of those rod ends and re-use them. Start with a drill just slightly bigger than the CF tube inner hole and work up to 5.5mm, this method keeps the drill centred, I then cut the rods down so they looked right, all went together OK.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:07:42 PM by cyprusflyer »
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: Another maiden - Nitro number 2
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 01:22:08 PM »
Nice...   8)
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Mike King

• Field Representative
  • Viva la nitro!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:13:19 PM »
Congrats on the maiden!
Mike King
Field Representative

flyalan

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 08:33:47 PM »
Congrats!  Glad everything worked out. 

On the boom supports.  Did the drill out thing before myself and reused them after a crash. 

Again congrats and keep us posted.

Cheers

Alan

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 11:33:57 PM »
Awesome great to hear.  I too have my high needle screwed down to 1 1/4 +/-.  I know what you mean about going the wrong way with the N7 to N5c.  The only logical remedy for that is for me to fly my N5c for several tanks then the N7. Oh and I think I have an E7 somewhere...... :D Love that nitro.

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 06:39:24 AM »
Well a few more flightys today, running in still and have another 1.5 litres of 12% optifuel to burn off before I up it to 22%, then its common fuel for the N7 YS91 and N5C so not getting too fussy ref tuning until then.
Some photos below, probably the messiest electronic instal due to the BD3SX and seperate receiver + telemetry governor and Switch Glo (Stuck and fits nicely on the back of the tail servo) but all works perfectly  :D
Canopy I used some N7 front mounts, filed an angle on the black plastic parts so they sit parallel to the frame and I also glued them in with some shoe goo so they dont twist and enlarge the hole in the canopy etc. I also re-used the knurled canopy nuts as spacers, cutting and filing a few mm off each, perfect with Booya on the back, works as well as the N7 canopy.
Also of note, I used Mikado Logo links on the elevator servo, that enabled me to get 11mm from centre that gave me good resolution on the BD3SX, those links are also for 2.5mm rod so screw on perfectly and clear the servo centre hub by some spare margin   ;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:03:13 AM by cyprusflyer »
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR