May 03, 2024, 08:26:33 PM

Author Topic: higher HS More power!  (Read 1347 times)

Offline KevinM

higher HS More power!
« on: April 02, 2014, 11:57:26 AM »
So I managed to squeeze out some time with a busy work schedule these days..but I made some changes...

I had a Hatori SAB-55 pipe laying around that I finally put on the OS55..but I wanted to experiement with a higher headspeed so I went into the skookum and bumped up idle2 to 2180.. With the new pipe I richend it up 3 clicks per needle just to make sure there would be no lean run and tune from there if needed. WOW! I should have changed pipes long ago first off!....and with 2180 this N5c became a MONSTER! I couldnt believe how alive it felt, it was good before but dang(!), it was unbelievable! Still have to manage the sticks but it was very SIM feeling (which the skookum to me felt that way from the start but..more so now).  I always stayed at 2150 becuz that's the industry standard but I'm going to try 2200HS which puts the crank at 18700rpm just to see how it is. But this turned out to be a fun experiment! ...and the jaws that dropped over a 55 nitro that we all swore was an electric with a smoke trail.. was unreal!   

Happy flying!

KevinM

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
Re: higher HS More power!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 09:42:58 PM »
+1 on the hatori I was using a powerboost2 when I got the hatori, it was almost unbelievable!

flyalan

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 12:24:25 AM »
The Hatori made a huge difference on my Os-55 also.  I was running the Funtech.
Cheers
Alan

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 12:33:43 PM »
Just ordered a Hatori from RCJapan, wow almost 30% cheaper, that will be interesting more fun for the summer.  ;D
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 11:02:37 AM »
Hatori fitted, cannot comment on the difference, issues with OS55 HZ-R regulator nonsense, running rich, regulators sticking open, in fact two yesterday despite fuel filters every where, no crap found within.
So last night, removed all the -R crap, fitted a HZ main needle seat and fuel inlet ring, clamped up the crankcase pipe and wow, its a different heli, engine easy to tune with plenty of power and no tantrams to deal with :)
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline Mike King

• Field Representative
  • Viva la nitro!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 02:30:08 PM »
Glad you got things squared away!  Now it is time to start burning some nitro!
Mike King
Field Representative