May 03, 2024, 02:26:38 PM

Author Topic: Motor help  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Motor help
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:07:16 PM »
So, I got all ready to fire up my motor for the first time.  I bought it used and the guy I bought it from had already broken it in.  I tore it down when I first got it and the bearings and piston are all perfect.  Anyway, I couldn't get the thing to fire.  Tonight, I asked my neighbor to come over because he's got nitro cars and I have really no nitro experience.  I cranked on it and it didn't even sound like it wanted to try to start.  He ran back home and came over with a different glow plug igniter (I have a new Switchglo Pro).  We clipped his onto the glow plug and as soon as I hit the starter, it fired right up and ran great.

When I pull the glow plug and connect it to my Switchglo pro, the wire does glow but apparently it's not glowing hot enough?  Could it be that maybe I don't have a good ground or is there something with the DIP switches that I need to maybe change?

Thanks,
Rodney
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: Motor help
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:30:35 PM »
Never mind...  After I typed that, I started thinking that the bad ground idea sounded promising.  I redid where I had the ground wire run and it fired right up with the Switchglo.
Rodney

Team Synergy