May 14, 2024, 08:54:25 PM

Author Topic: E 6-7 Battery Tray  (Read 3062 times)

Offline Charles Carrington

• Field Representative
E 6-7 Battery Tray
« on: May 25, 2015, 08:51:06 PM »
Whats going on guy have anyone heard of this company or tried any of there products. http://3dheliupgrades.com/synergy-e6-e7/product/815-synergy-e6-e7-battery-tray
Synergy E5s - E7

Synergy N5c - N7

Team Synergy - Rail Blades

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
Re: E 6-7 Battery Tray
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 09:31:53 PM »
New one on me. Thoughts?
Perspective Visuals

flyalan

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 06:32:42 AM »
I have a couple of items on order and have been back and forth via email with Rob the owner.  He like many of us does this on the side.  He is making a Talon mount for my E5 stretch.  Also going to try the VBAR mount for the E7.  Ordered one battery tray for testing.  I am not a big fan of battery trays for the E5 or E7 but I though I would at least try it.
Ben (DR.Ben) has tried the battery tray.  Maybe he will report in.

Will report back.

Cheers

Alan
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:37:23 AM by Alan »

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 08:14:09 AM »
he is a great guy. he is flying my old E7SE. we worked together on the VBar mount for the E7SE, it is very nice. i have a red one on mine now. very good honest guy.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Dr.Ben/Ben Minor

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »
Actually I have not tried one of the trays. Alan and I were talking about them this weekend. The gist of the matter is that if you have brick packs, then the tray might be of help to get things in and out more quickly en masse. Those with stick packs might not gain quite as much because you still have to velcro the packs on the tray into your model.

Sidenote about 3D printed parts. Right now the plastics used for 3D printing are comparatively limited and lack the fiber content that makes the parts especially rigid or crack resistant. Thus when you take a part  like their Ikon mount and put it in in place of the carbon plate, the resulting assembly will not have quite the durability or structural integrity of the OEM assembly. Please understand that I am not bashing this man's product. I just want folks to remember that 3D printed plastics are not the same as the stuff that might be used for injected molded side frame of a fan shround.

Ben Minor
Team Synergy, Team Futaba, Team Kontronik USA

flyalan

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 07:52:59 PM »
Sorry Ben.  That was A Ben Beyer that had posted pics on Runryder. 

Cheers

Alan

flyalan

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 08:07:44 PM »
Structurally most of the parts should not be an issue since they appear to be designed to augment the existing parts.  On the VBar mount the carbon sensor plate is replaced with the plastic part using the existing frame spacers.  This should not be a problem strength wise.  The upper VBAR mount could go on top of the existing electronics tray.  The ESC trays does replace the carbon plate.  I will let everyone know how beefy it actually is when I receive it.
Cheers

Alan

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 07:48:01 AM »
Im running the cc 160 esc and the cc bec pro , and the sats mount on my e7, fit perfect and very light the bec mounts under the esc, comes with all the hardware, everything fits nice and neat
Cliff

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 07:07:42 AM »
I've been eye'n the ESC/BEC tray & sat mounts... Any hands on expierience with these products yet?
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 12:09:36 AM »
I'm using the esc mount and the bec bolts under the esc fits perfect, and I like there sat mounts too
Cliff

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 06:02:24 AM »
I just got my CC160 mounted the other day. I drilled 2 holes to bolt the bottom portion of the ESC.
Made a cross brace that runs flush on the bottom of the ESC tray with holes in each end to bolt the top. Totally wish I had seen this before I did all that.. May order one anyway.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:10:26 PM by cml001 »
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!