Synergy Nitro Helicopters > Synergy N7

Mainshaft vertical play and Main gear lash

<< < (2/2)

Steve Graham:
Totally agree with you Grimmy,

I just don't think the static balancer is sensitive enough to really balance very well when talking the kind of RPM's we're dealing with.  I may try and find a local machine shop that can spin balance something like this.  When I flew it with the new bearing blocks and bearings the vibration logs did show much less vibration than I recall seeing in the past.  It did self level, sort of.  It was off by about 30 degrees.  IME that's about as good as I've seen on my N7.

Gabriel Sandoval:
That's why I use the unit from Top Flight which uses magnets to float the bar. Only part I couldn't float was the clutch shoe with the X-Tra large clutch. Too heavy to float, but the rest of the parts were no problem. I get a better tolerance this way but I am balancing all the parts individually then setting runout with the dial indicator when attaching the clutch shoe to the engine. :o

ktmdiesel:
I have ikon on my n7 and 600n. The rescue works almost flawless on the 600n. As for the n7 i had a constant low noise vibration that caused rescue to take off to the left. I took it all apart and balanced the clutch assembly better. Only problem is I have to wait until spring to try rescue again.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version