May 18, 2024, 02:37:51 PM

Author Topic: Blade Grip bearings  (Read 1208 times)

Offline KevinM

Blade Grip bearings
« on: February 25, 2013, 07:10:58 PM »
first and foremost I havent taken it apart yet but the E7 has about 12-13 flights on it now. GREAT machine, however, I'm getting a little play in the blade grips like the inner bearings that face the head block dampners are worn out already.  theres roughly 1mm of play and its not the dampners theres a ticking and you can see that the bearing is giving a tad.  I do need to find time to break it down first before jumping to conclusions but... anyone else experience this.  I'll be honest I'm not very nice to the machine lol I fly it pretty hard...at least the best way I know how! :)

kevin

flyalan

Re: Blade Grip bearings
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »
Kevin,
I would be surprised if it is a bad bearing this early on.  Not saying it can't happen.
Until you break it down we would only be guessing. Are you 100% sure your spindle bolts haven't back out any? Did you use the 0.5mm washers between the grips and head?  On occasion thicker ones are needed.  1mm spacer washers are available.  Let me know if you need them.  I would be more than happy to send you two.  This would take up that 1mm of play you mentioned.  Assuming nothing else is amiss.

Cheers
alan

Offline KevinM

Re: Blade Grip bearings
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 09:25:04 PM »
This happens when u rock the head not pull on the grips the spindle bolts are tight and yes the washers are in between. But as you said until I tear it down it'll be hard to pin point. Thanks Alan for your responses!! :)

flyalan

Blade Grip bearings
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 10:11:24 PM »
Kevin,
Sorry.  Misunderstood that you meant rocking the grips.  Curious. Let us know the results when you get her torn down.
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy