May 18, 2024, 02:21:41 PM

Author Topic: Bavarian Demon settings for E7SE with 716mm blades  (Read 2874 times)

Offline underscore

Bavarian Demon settings for E7SE with 716mm blades
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:56:09 PM »
Is anyone using a BD on a E7SE with longer 716mm blades? I would be curious to see the settings file of a perfectly tuned heli. For example my head gain is 75% (already lower of what GasserMike posted recently) and I get some aileron wobble for large stick inputs.

I'm using TORQ BL9180 cyclic servos (http://www.helifleet.com/show/3422).

Thanks!

flyalan

Re: Bavarian Demon settings for E7SE with 716mm blades
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »
Driving right now but I'll try to get back with you in the next day or two I am going out of town.

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

flyalan

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:52:26 PM »
I manage an internet connection but my laptop I have with me does not have my Demon files.
I was able to get the Demon to work well with a head gain around 80% by lowering just the aileron gain.
What head speed?  There are some other tweaks that may help. I will get with you via PM tomorrow evening when I have access to my other laptop.
I was on the Demon team until recently so I am sure we can make your Demon happy :-)

Cheers

Alan

Offline underscore

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 06:30:08 AM »
I have backed of the head gain a little more, still a little "shiver"on fast cyclic inputs, but the elevator bobble seems pretty much under control now.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 02:13:07 PM »
I have a thread where I worked through many issues of the BD on the E7, take a look at it.

The BD section on HF also has a good thread going right now about this exact same heli.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Jeff_Barrett

• The "Canadian"
    • Synergy RC Express
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 02:23:14 PM »
You need to adjust your elevator / aileron filters on the Rigid tab.

If you're at IRCHA, I'd be happy to work with you on tuning it in person.
Jeff Barrett - Synergy RC Express
Team Synergy / Bavarian Demon / MKS Servo

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 04:08:05 PM »
You need to adjust your elevator / aileron filters on the Rigid tab.

If you're at IRCHA, I'd be happy to work with you on tuning it in person.

this really only works if you turn the head gain WAY down, like 55-60, then the bounce is gone, but the heli is left very sluggish and not connected. I have a 5 page thread in the BD section on HF about this now. they are trying to help us (by us I mean a lot of guys) that are suffering from this. but its just not working. you either have a locked in heli with an elevator bounce, or a sluggish unlocked in heli without one, and dolphins in FFF with pitch pumps.

take a look at the thread in there requesting a firmware upgrade because of it...you will see our frustrations.

I am beginning to make the switch to vbar and ikon from BD anyway...
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Jeff_Barrett

• The "Canadian"
    • Synergy RC Express
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 04:22:29 PM »
I've seen those threads as well. One of my friends is a pilot for another brand and was having similar problems until he changed servos. For whatever reason, the model of servo he was running was causing his issues.

I run the Bavarian Demon in all my helicopters, including my N7 without any issues.

If it's sluggish after making those adjustments, change the "agility" and/or "initial response" settings.

Like I said, I can make myself available in person at IRCHA to anyone who wants my assistance setting up their BD gyros.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 08:55:53 AM »
I've seen those threads as well. One of my friends is a pilot for another brand and was having similar problems until he changed servos. For whatever reason, the model of servo he was running was causing his issues.

I run the Bavarian Demon in all my helicopters, including my N7 without any issues.

If it's sluggish after making those adjustments, change the "agility" and/or "initial response" settings.

Like I said, I can make myself available in person at IRCHA to anyone who wants my assistance setting up their BD gyros.

I follow what your saying, but I have been tuning on these units for over a year now. you either have one or the other. if you have your head gain turned up over 70, you will have an elevator bounce. If you turn it down and you eliminate the bounce, you will be able to dolphin the heli in FFF with pitch pumps.

take yours out today and try both. do some hard elevator stops, tick tocs, rain bows, and in the same flight do a fast pass and give pitch inputs. I would be willing to bet  you have bad tendencies in one of the two.

but again, I have them where they suite my style for now. I don't fly fast all the time, so I have the bounce tuned out. I don't need to up my agility or initial response, its fast enough and I like it off center. its the "locked in" feel that is sluggish. increasing P gain a little will help with that, but not like increasing overall head gain does. increasing d gain CAN help with elevator bounce issues, but not very much at all. the elevator filer is the most useful, but still doesn't get the job done like it should. BD should allow for adjusting all of the parameters like the IKon and maybe we could get it tuned out with a higher gain. Or, it may be a control loop issue (which I am betting it is) and no matter what we could adjust it still wouldn't work until they fix it with firmware.

by all means lets get together at IRCHA and talk about this more. we can fly together and I can show  you what I am talking about.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Jeff_Barrett

• The "Canadian"
    • Synergy RC Express
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 09:08:37 AM »
Cool. Look for me at the Synergy tent, we can hop over to the Demon booth and spend some time with Joachim and Danny figuring it out.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 02:05:12 PM »
Cool. Look for me at the Synergy tent, we can hop over to the Demon booth and spend some time with Joachim and Danny figuring it out.

;)
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos