May 06, 2024, 05:26:57 PM

Author Topic: Huntsville Fun Fly  (Read 2480 times)

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
Huntsville Fun Fly
« on: April 24, 2016, 06:51:56 AM »
I have to share this story.
Saturday a fellow came by and really gave the N5C kit a hard look. He had that gleam in his eye!
Eventually he decided to purchase the kit and blades. This will be his first Synergy. He said something to the effect that now he would likely win the 766 setup that was also being raffled. Jokingly of course.
All be damned if he did no win the 766! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Boy is he stoked!
I am sure you will see John posting here soon.

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Helilids RC

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: Huntsville Fun Fly
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 08:02:01 AM »
Wow nice! Lucky son of a gun!

Offline Richard Rollins

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 08:04:16 AM »
Awesome luck. He should have played the lottery...
Rick
Team Synergy Team Rails, Team Scorpion

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 08:45:40 AM »
Sure that was one happy dude!
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 07:28:44 PM »
That's awesome!
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 07:41:52 AM »
LOL, wow! that is awesome!

I hate I missed it, sounded like it was a blast! my girl got 2nd place in Nashville though, so that made it well worth it!
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 08:41:14 AM »
Score!
Clay

Offline jeffreyheli1

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 06:21:15 PM »
COOL !!!

Offline J Anthony

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 03:09:00 AM »
Hi fellow Synergy Lovers. I am the John that Alan was talking about though I don't actually go by that name. I use my middle name, Anthony. I always buy raffle tickets at every heli event I'm able to attend to help support the club holding the event and keeping this beautiful hobby alive even though I never expect to win. Never won anything in my life. L. That day was great. My wonderfully supportive Wife urged me to go ahead and buy the Synergy N5C kit and blades from Alan on my hobby CC as I've wanted it for a good while to retire my V1 600N. I never expected to win the raffle. We joked, but never thought it possible. I met Matt at IRCHA last year and told him I can't afford to buy new kits but as soon as I could, I knew my first kit would be a Synergy. They're wonderfully overbuilt machines and now centered in my home State (Alabama) and Matt is a genius as well as a super nice guy who helps people even if not flying his machines. His Wife helped my Wife buy Rail blades for me last Xmas when no one had 626 in stock. Amy and Matt Botos went to great lengths to get my Wife (also Amy) my blades in just a few days so I'd have them in time. Really great people. To say I was surprised to win is a huge understatement. I was worried I'd tear up while they were taking pictures. L. Out of all the raffles I've purchased tickets for, this was THE one specially made for me. It was and still is amazing. Matt was kind enough to sign both my canopy's that day. I wish I knew all the names to thank but all I can remember are Alan for the N5C kit and blades at a great price and gave me a great price on the 766 blades that day for my new kit and a very nice guy, Matt and Amy of course for more than just the kit they donated that day, Tommy Whitaker from EMERGENT RC for not just the donations to the raffle that day but for the parts he's sold me over the years that my Little Sister or my Brother In Law would kindly pick up for me when coming to visit us in B'ham and mostly for saving my vacation at Joe Nall Week last year when I had my radio so messed up with the gov menu I couldn't safely fly the machine. Tommy spent over an hour on my setup until he finally got it right and I could fly at my first Joe Nall. I wasn't buying anything from him btw. He was just helping a guy out. Greatly appreciated Tommy. Also the people from Futaba and Kontronik. So sorry I can't remember the names. I was kind of overwhelmed at the time. Just got back from Joe Nall Week yesterday. Tomorrow, I start building my first Synergy kit. May sound silly to some, but this was a dream come true for me. I never dreamed I'd own such quality equipment as what I won that day. So glad to finally be in the Synergy Family. Thanks to everyone. J. Anthony Baker.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:53:14 AM by J Anthony »

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 07:19:56 AM »
Welcome to the Synergy family Anthony! It sounds like a well deserved win for the right guy, congratulations! Let us know of any questions that might come up building your kits :)

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 09:15:24 AM »
It was great to see u out there at Joe Nall.. Hope to see u at the next event!
Clay

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 10:58:11 AM »
That's awesome Anthony, and welcome to the Synergy family!
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline gwright

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 07:58:56 AM »
Hi Anthony,
Was nice meeting you at triple tree!,.. if you have any questions when you start with that CGY, feel free to ask.   email at garyw3@yahoo.com. LOTS of people on here that can help with it, and anything synergy related.
Gary Wright

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 08:21:52 AM »
very cool congrats
Cliff