Synergy Nitro Helicopters > Synergy N5 / N5c

N5C vibration. Help!

<< < (2/5) > >>

flyboynellor:
I've been doing that. I don't want to lean too much. I'm already at 1 1/4 HS and 1 mid needle. I get good top end punch and great transition from idle to mid. Thanks

Ross Lawton:
I've had and seen similiar issue on a various machines in the past, some have been engine related and some have been mechanical.

Couple of things which might be worth checking if you have not already:

1. Engine - What is the condition of the rear bearing? If it has had some use it may need replacing as it could be causing the engine to run rough and causing excess vibration.

2. Head Assembly - The heads usually come pre-assembled, check to make sure the bearings are installed correctly and that they are in good condition. Also check the dampers and if necesary lightly grease them with a little silicone based grease to allow the spindle to float.

Running at low head speeds with new dampers can cause a head wobble untill they have a few flights on them and they have bedded in.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on.

Cheers!
Ross

flyboynellor:
Thanks Ross,

I was told that the rear bearing was changed recently. The only question mark would be main shaft and main bearings. I guess I could change and see what happens.

flyboynellor:
Well. I changed out the main shaft and main bearings and no difference. Still getting shaking at 1850 HS. I have changed the gain on the aileron and elevator from 80 down to 30 with only minimal reduction in shaking. When I run the HS up to 1950 and greater the shaking goes away. I'm about ready to ditch the CGY 750 and reinstall the FB head. Too much headache. Please help.

Thanks
Bob

Kevin Feil:
Bob,

are your boom supports tight? check to make sure the Ca hasn't come loose in the rod ends.. I have had this happen.  Please don't get to discouraged!! I know it's a pain in the Arss but it can be resolved!! Stick with it Bro. Has the heli seen a Crash?? Give us just a little bit more info..

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version