May 03, 2024, 05:28:08 PM

Author Topic: cc bec pro power  (Read 1722 times)

Offline cafediablo

cc bec pro power
« on: February 23, 2013, 09:46:16 AM »
I'm new to the cc bec pro and was wondering a few things I hope a few of you out there may have an experienced opinion about this,....I'm running jr 8717s for th cyclic and a bls 251(stepped )for the tail,..I've programmed the cc pro to output 6.5v and have plugged up one power lead to the sk540,...all is working well but I was wondering if I should plug the other power lead to the rx,...to maybe assist when inflight loading on the cyclics might draw more amps,...am I thinking that this is correct or is this a big ..no no,...any info from a more experienced individual would be helpfull....thanx.

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: cc bec pro power
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 09:53:24 AM »
Yep, plug them both in.  BTW, are you running the BEC off of 6S or 12S?
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline cafediablo

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 12:07:27 PM »
I'm running it 6s,...maybe later I'll stretch it and go 12s,...but for now I wanna e5 as is and see how that goes for me.,..thanx.

Offline BrianE

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 12:09:38 PM »
I'm running it 6s,...maybe later I'll stretch it and go 12s,...but for now I wanna e5 as is and see how that goes for me.,..thanx.

If you go 12S, run the BEC Pro off of just one 6S pack - that way you'll get more amps from the bec.
E7SE, Sliverline VBar, Edge 160HVf, Scorpion HKIII 4530, Futaba BLS, OptiGuard and BEC Guards

E5-626, Vbar NEO, Edge 120HV, Scorpion HKIII 4035, MKS 950/980 OptiGuard and BEC Guards

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 02:11:56 PM »

If you go 12S, run the BEC Pro off of just one 6S pack - that way you'll get more amps from the bec.

That, and you stand less of a chance of the BEC going up in smoke.  I was running one of those off of 12S, since that's what it's supposed to be rated for, and it died mid-flight.  I found several posts from other guys who had the exact same thing happen.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline cafediablo

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 02:22:31 PM »
I've also read about this in other forums,...thank you very much for your valued input on this subject,..being new to  this bec had me abit worried at first,..but I'm feeling more confident in my setup now that I'v gotten feedback here in the synerygy forums,...I'm impressed at how quickely I've recieved response here,..thank you all again for all the help.

Offline BrianE

• Field Representative
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 03:25:35 PM »
I've also read about this in other forums,...thank you very much for your valued input on this subject,..being new to  this bec had me abit worried at first,..but I'm feeling more confident in my setup now that I'v gotten feedback here in the synerygy forums,...I'm impressed at how quickely I've recieved response here,..thank you all again for all the help.

You should also consider a Scorpion BUG.  Any bec can fail and the BUG is cheap insurance.  You can get them from most any Scorpion dealer, but here is everything you need to know about the BUG from the Scorpion website:

http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/accessories/backup_guard/S_Backup_Guard/
E7SE, Sliverline VBar, Edge 160HVf, Scorpion HKIII 4530, Futaba BLS, OptiGuard and BEC Guards

E5-626, Vbar NEO, Edge 120HV, Scorpion HKIII 4035, MKS 950/980 OptiGuard and BEC Guards