May 17, 2024, 09:13:57 PM

Author Topic: Switch for N5  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Carzan

Switch for N5
« on: October 01, 2014, 09:31:17 PM »
Guys, My on/off switch has developed a short in it. I want to replace it with a Badger from Fromeco but can't get the fromeco website to work. Does anybody have a favorite hobby shop that carries Fromeco stuff I can just order it from?
Hope is not a strategy!

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
Re: Switch for N5
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 10:31:31 PM »
That is the exact reason I don't use switches. Did it happen in the air? I have seen a lot of gassers lost due to this. Less nitros, bc they vibrate less....but the risk is still there. My favorite switch is an E5 ;)
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Carzan

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »
No mike, It happened when I started the helicopter on the table. I noticed the swash reset with the three jumps at startup. Luckily my starter battery was low and I had a little difficulty getting it to turn over (old makita batteries) so I kind of moved the heli around a little and thats when it did it. I immediately began to investigate and narrowed it down to the charge lead on the switch. If I even touched it, my receiver led would go red and then green and reset the whole system! I would go switchless but I really don't like to remove the canopy after every flight! To be honest, this is the first switch I've personally seen fail in my five years of actively flying helicopters! But it really gives me a bad feeling about switches. I have heard some horror stories about them failing in flight. I was just lucky!
Hope is not a strategy!

Offline Carzan

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 10:48:39 PM »
I guess I could just run an extension from receiver to an accessible area of my heli and do the same from the battery then just plug those two together and unplug after flight. Its a thought!
Hope is not a strategy!

Offline Dan Minick

• Field Representative
  • Team FBL Rotors---Formerly Dyecocker1
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 05:49:25 AM »
try something from here, you wont be dissapionted

http://www.perfectregulators.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=37
Dan Minick

Offline Darren Lee

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 06:10:19 AM »
+1
Team Synergy / Rail Blades / Morgan Fuel

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 08:14:21 AM »
No mike, It happened when I started the helicopter on the table. I noticed the swash reset with the three jumps at startup. Luckily my starter battery was low and I had a little difficulty getting it to turn over (old makita batteries) so I kind of moved the heli around a little and thats when it did it. I immediately began to investigate and narrowed it down to the charge lead on the switch. If I even touched it, my receiver led would go red and then green and reset the whole system! I would go switchless but I really don't like to remove the canopy after every flight! To be honest, this is the first switch I've personally seen fail in my five years of actively flying helicopters! But it really gives me a bad feeling about switches. I have heard some horror stories about them failing in flight. I was just lucky!

that is a good thing! glad it didnt happen in the air. yes, removing the canopy can be a pain for sure. i make an extension from my flight pack in the front, to the rear of the canopy, so my plug is back there and i dont have to remove it every time. (i do this on my gassers, not my nitro. i just pull the canopy on the nitro).

perfect regulators has great quality products though, check them out as mentioned above.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Roger

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 02:04:50 AM »
I use one of these bulkhead devices and a male Deans plug for my on/off switch for my electronics power on my N7.

I made up the Shorting plug to,save a couple of bucks.  It works very well.

ROG

http://store.aztechaeromodels.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=61_71_83&product_id=424
ROG
Retired Old Guy

Offline Richard Rollins

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 05:43:53 PM »
Carzan,
I am now using backup guards on my Nitro helis for this reason. Scorpion and OpiPower both have them but I prefer the Scorpion one for size. Just a thought.
Rick
Rick
Team Synergy Team Rails, Team Scorpion