May 04, 2024, 04:09:48 AM

Author Topic: MaxFlo Clunk  (Read 747 times)

Offline ianflorio

MaxFlo Clunk
« on: January 28, 2019, 03:13:28 PM »
Hi,

I apologise if this has been asked/answered before but I did a search of the forum and it returned no results.

I am in the process of building an N556 and have decided to upgrade to the MaxFlo clunk.  This is the first time I have used any clunk other than a standard solid metal one.  My question is: Is it best practice to keep enough fuel in the tank in between flying days to keep the material on the clunk wet or is it better to keep the tank empty when I am not flying.  Unfortunately due to work and family commitments I don't manage to get to the flying field as often as I'd like so it is sometimes several weeks between sessions.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Offline Darren Lee

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: MaxFlo Clunk
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 10:46:03 AM »
I always keep my tank full between sessions and I think it's probably the best practice. However, the MaxFlo clunk uses a fibrous element instead of a foam element so keeping it wet isn't absolutely necessary.
Team Synergy / Rail Blades / Morgan Fuel

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
Re: MaxFlo Clunk
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 04:56:11 PM »
Same here. I always keep fuel in the tank. I’m used to fuel magnet foam type pickups. With the Maxflo I would do this as well. The element could hold oil residue and if dried out could become less porous.
Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Helilids RC